Monday, April 28, 2008

Basking

I'm all a-glow with knitting success. Cluaranach is finally done and blocked and looking great (if somewhat huuuuuge! Note to self: actually look at the finished, blocked measurements of a pattern before settling on size to make). I unfortunately don't have any really great pictures of me walking along some Scottish hillside or anything, with Cluaranach draped around my shoulders, but here's a shot I took while it was blocking in my bedroom.

Honestly, this picture really doesn't do it justice at ALL. I promise I'll get better pictures sometime this week, it's just difficult to tell an 11 month old and a 3 year old that they need to just chill for a minute because you need Daddy to take some pictures of you in your new wrap, you know? :)

I'm also totally, absolutely, positively in love with the Good Stripe Dress I'm making for Émilie. It's simple, fun... there's just nothing I'm not loving about this project. Émilie is really looking forward to trying it on. She had been saying that she wanted it to be a surprise, but last night she came back downstairs after I had put her to bed, and caught me working on it on the couch, and was really excited to see it. I've completed the waist shaping, and I'm almost to the flare skirt. Obviously, it'll be a little slower going from this point, because I'll have considerably more stitches on the needles, but I'm sure I'll manage to churn it out in time for her to wear it.

This weekend both Maxime and Émilie had their Spring swim sessions, which was fun but challenging. Their classes are one after the other, and Maxime's class unfortunately clashes with his nap time, but hey, that's life. I also managed to get the flower bed that runs along my front stairs/walkway all cleaned up and composted. I've still got 2 flower beds to do in the backyard, and I also want to expand our vegetable patch a little bit (only a little, Phil, I promise!). I'd work on it during the week, but they're predicting SNOW for Tuesday or Wednesday!!!! I KNOOOOOOWWW!!!! Unbelievable.

Aaaah, that's better. Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Can't wait to see that shawl on you! Do take a picture when you can!

The dress is coming along nicely! I'm sure it'll look fantastic on Emilie, and it looks like she will want to wear it - as opposed to your fear that she won't. (Like the Rhinebeck sweater). Oh, my sister wants to come to Rhinebeck, so I think her & I will come with the two monkeys! (Or we may leave Sean at home with my parents, LOL).

Michelle said...

The wrap is stunning. It is certainly on my list to do, yarn all picked out and everything..if only I could finish something!

Anonymous said...

Yup - just love the colours in that dress - I think they're photographing pretty true too, right? Looks awesome, glad Emilie is thrilled.

And by the way - I can't believe I forgot to say in the last post-blog-entry-post
WOW - what a kite. I mean, did you guys SEE that kite? The colours, the craftsmanship, the FLIGHT, of the kite. That Mr Hide is an artist. (Better late than never, right? And it IS a pretty fine kite :) ).

KTE

Caroline said...

Snow? You have got to be kidding me. I am now officially depressed!

But the dress is coming along very very nicely and the shawl is gorgeous.

Sereknitty said...

The striped dress is really coming along ... I'm so loving those colours! Can't wait to see you modelling the shawl :)

What is with the weather this year??? It's even bad on the southwest coast. We even had snow last week in Vancouver! Normally, I'd have my bedding plants in by now, my pots all done, and my veggie garden planted. But, we've had below 0 at nights, so everything is still waiting patiently in the greenhouse.

Jennifer Lori said...

I won't comment on the shawl until I can actually see it...but the dress is coming along amazing! It is going to be adorable.