Monday, May 2, 2011

Insert picture here

Normally I'd have posted a Wordless Weekend Wrap-up for y'all, but I seem to have contracted a pretty severe case of camnesia this weekend. Not that there wasn't anything camera worthy going on, there was plenty. I have no excuse for my bad bloggy behaviour, other than to plead temporary gobsmacking by the absolutely magnificent weather we enjoyed. I wore capris and sandals. It was awesome.

So here's a random weekend wrap-up instead, because a wordless weekend wrap-up post without pictures is a pretty sucky excuse for a blog post indeed (but maybe I could say I was making a statement on consumerism or something...)

This weekend I:



  • attended my very first Roller Derby Match. Bout. Thing. Not too clear on the proper terminology, but all evening, my mind was buzzing with terms like Jammers, Packs and Blockers. It was a good deal of fun, and I hope my friend Louise didn't think I was a total dweeb and will consent to taking me again.

  • cleaned out the flower bed in the front yard. Despite the fact that it's a really a teensy bed, cleaning it out necessitated about 2 hours and 2 garbage bags. This ought to tell you something about the sorry-ass state I've let things get.

  • brifely considered doing an interpretive dance of joy about that big job being done, except that there's another huuuuge bed that needs to be cleaned/stripped in the back yard, and it's in even worse shape. Insert Le Sigh here.

  • pulled my daughters' first tooth out. I'm happy to report that the old thread around the wobbly tooth technique - when applied like you really mean it! - still works.

  • got a little sewing done, which I'll share with you next post (tomorrow? Wednesday? We'll see)

  • realized that there's less than a month before the Run Ottawa half-marathon. I further realized that the whole "There's plenty of time to train!" argument probaby wasn't going to cut it anymore.

  • went out for a run.

How was your weekend?


Happy Knitting, Everyone!

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

I have responded to the gauntlet slapping in the middle of the road...your clean front bed has spurred me to look at my front bed and whimper. ;)
As for the run - saw you coming home, and you looked strong and fit. Go YOU!
Sewing? Can't wait to see.

Maryse said...

Excellent weekend en effet! J'ai pas mis de sandales, mais j'ai sué un peu assise sur mon patio à lire et tricoter! La grosse vie quoi! C'est tellement bon de faire le plein de soleil!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Wow, a roller derby and you DIDN'T take any pics?!

Was that her first tooth that got yanked instead of falling out? How come you had to pull it? Wouldn't fall out on your own? Did the tooth fairy visit? What does the tooth fairy leave these days as a "prize" for losing a tooth?

Sinéad said...

I'm so behind in my blog reading. Shame on me. Hope the good weather has stayed around for a bit, there's nothing like it to cheer you up.