Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oomph

I'm trying to come up with something dazzling and fantastic and witty to say, but I'm coming up short this evening. It's been another DORMA day here at casa de Dear, I'm a bit whipped, and I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow so I can relax!

But I've got another finished object to share with you today. My brother-in-law celebrated his 40th birthday this week, and we had a family get-together tonight to celebrate. Owing to last night's marathon knitting session (the kids were babysat by their grandparents, and we got to spend the evening eating pizza, drinking beer and getting caught up on Battlestar Galactica and Lost), I managed to finish the Noro Striped scarf I was making him to go with the Turn a Square Hat I made him for Christmas.

I loved this project. It was fun (can you say perfect TV knitting?), it's beautiful and it looks way more complicated than it actually is. The colour shifts are addictive, and well, I just don't have anything bad to say about this project. I wish I had made one for myself!

Alright, I'm seriously beat, y'all. I'm going to knit a few rows of my Clapotis (I know I should work on the Pacific Islands stole, but I deserve a treat!) and hit the hay.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Congrats on finishing the Noro scarf -- looks beautiful!

birana said...

very nice color this noro scarf.. and yes perfect for tv, bus, train.. kids... brainless knitting! But so original.

Sinéad said...

Well done on finishing the scarf - it looks fab! Enjoy the break in work ;)

Montreal Mama said...

Love the colors of your noro scarf. No nudie shot this time in it? LOL.