Monday, April 13, 2009

A Brief Affair

So how was everyone's Easter? Didja eat lots of chocolate? Celebrate with friends and family?

Not only was there was chocolate aplenty at casa de Dear, but we were also fortunate enough to score invites for waffles at Kate-the-Enabler's house on Saturday, dinner at the in-laws' on Sunday, and lunch at my cousin Jessica's house today. Needless to say, I'm positively dreading stepping on the scale at the gym this week. *Shudder*

I know I promised pictures of my blocked Clapotis last post. While it IS blocked (and looking pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself), I'm ashamed to admit that I couldn't bring myself to ask Phil or anyone else to take any pictures of me wearing it this weekend. Probably because I was too busy pilfering the kids chocolate to bother...

But I DID finish my crocheted bag! Look!

I really like the way this project turned out. OK, assembling all the little squares was a bit of a pain, but not as much of a pain as assembling pieces of garment for some reason.... And the best part? I only wound up using about 2 balls and a bit of the Katia Jamaica cotton, which means I've got almost 3 left for Emilie's Very Berry T-shirt. I hope it'll be enough!

OK, Heroes is on, people! Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Your bag turned out so cute -- love the bright colours!

Easter was very low key here. Relatives in town to clear out inlaws apt.

Spent the afternoon making cards with my 13 year old neice, whom I haven't seen since she was 1! We had a blast!

Cynthia F said...

Love the bag- it's so springy and cute!

Alrischa said...

Heroes is on! Not fair! Stupid slow Aussie TV. GRRRR!

I love the bright bag and the colors are fabulous. The berry top will look great... though you know she's going to Need the bag to Go With Her Top now Ü

Sinéad said...

Fantastic summery beach bag, I love it! Although I agree with Alrischa, I think you won't see that again once Émilie gets her Very Berry Top to match!

~Jo~ said...

What a beautiful bag, it looks so festive! :)

Montreal Mama said...

Love love the bag. So sunny and bright! Totally cute.

Anonymous said...

I love your bag! At the Montreal Knitting Guild yarn sale on Tues there was some Jamaica on sale and it took everything in me not to buy some just to make that bag!

birana said...

Very cut the bag and for the square matching….I don’t crochet so I admire you! Very summery look… now bring it out to have the sun back this week. And hummm. chocolat ;)