Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Clearly...

... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :)

Sometimes (like tonight, for instance), I wonder how the heck my daughter got to be such a colossal drama queen. Then I look in the mirror and think "Oh. Right."

*Sigh* It's been a super busy week. I'd like to say that I've been working non-stop on my Ravelympics Honeybee cardigan, but I really haven't. The pattern, while beautiful, is quite fussy, and it's taking me entire evenings to complete 12 rows. So yeah, it's going to be a while...

I'm also quite busy at work, and super happy with my new position and getting to know my colleagues. I realize this might qualify me for total geek status, but I get SUCH a kick out of doing real "librarian" stuff like reference interviews and cataloging and such. And the fact that I get to casually throw around words like "randomised controlled trials" and "antenatal" (apparently, prenatal is SOoooOOO passe) and MeSH terms makes me feel like a total frickin' Ninja Librarian.

Oh, before I forget! Check out Phil's new kite!

11 x 14 feet in size, still missing a proper tail, but apparently the darling of the Festi-Vent nevertheless.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Love the first picture of yourself! So hot!

I hope you get to finish on time for your Olympic knitting! Good luck!

I totally understand how busy life can get. I hope you get some down time soon.

Sinéad said...

Sigh, I've missed more posts of yours, Bloglines may be on its last warning. One more of these, & I'm off to Google Reader.
Émilie looks really funny in the huge goggles, and I can't think of a nicer comment that saying she takes after her Mom.
Phils kite looks great, I bet that took ages to make...
Oh, and love the shawl pin. Very dramatic.

Anonymous said...

She must get that from Phil. You, extroverted? Pshaw, I say. Pshaw!

Ali P said...

I am totally diggin' the morning star kite tail. Wicked cool, Philly-o!