Saturday, February 6, 2010

Isn't it romantic?

Something just gets to me with shawlettes. They're much more feminine than scarves, and yet not as Victorian or Granny-ish as, say, shawls. They're fun to knit, usually quick, and well, they just LOOK good.

Back in December I cast on for the Cedar Leaf shawlette using some Madelinetosh Tosh Worsted I had left over from my Amelia cardigan. Of course, I ran out of yarn about two thirds of the way through the knitted on border, but it's not like I'm going to complain about having to buy more yarn, right?

Anyway, I finished it a few weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pictures of it this morning.


Hmmm... maybe I should knit a matching hat? I *think* I have enough yarn left :)

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Sereknitty said...

I love this pattern and the colour of the yarn you chose -- so pretty, so you! I think a Meret might look nice, or even Fetching mitts?

Montreal Mama said...

It's gorgeous hun. Love the color & yarn choice. You did a great job. You totally should knit yourself a hat to match. You know what? How many grams do you have? The Spring Beret I just did just used about half a skein of Malabrigo Worsted. Do you have enough for that? That would be cute!

Alrischa said...

Some sort of "hatlette"... just a ruffled brim or something. hehehe. Great colors. Hope you have to buy just a bit more Ü

Sinéad said...

Just gorgeous, that colour really suits you.
A hat would be fab too, it would really set it off.

birana said...

oui!oui! Matching hat! Love the color and the style.. I also bought the pattern and I have my yarn.. a pink one. Nice pics BTW :)

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous, and I need your photographer 'cus you always look stunning in your photos!