Friday, September 3, 2010

Progressing despite myself

Still here, and with knitting content to boot. Despite the craziness of the week, despite having to deal with renovations and unforeseen appliance malfunction (more on that later), despite the crazy heat wave we've been having, my knitting mojo is BACK, and I'll have a some FOs to share with you in the next few posts.

First things first though: I finished painting our bedroom today. It's looking great, we're both really happy with it, but if anyone mentions paint or even THINKS about it in my vicinity, I will hunt them down and strangle them with acrylic macrame. Now if we could just get the new furniture delivered, that would be swell.

We also had our new washing machine delivered this week. Our old one had been giving us grief, and a few weeks ago it actually burst into heavy smoke after I'd put in a load. Despite our initial hopes that it would be an easy fix, Phil officially declared it to be deceased last Friday. I've been doing my laundry at Kate-the-Enabler's for the past 2 weeks, and while I'm sure she didn't mind, I was becoming slightly uncomfortable lugging our dirty underwear across the street every few days, heh.

Enter our new Mr. Washie, and dudes, it's like the washing machine of the Future. I'm pretty confident that this is what aliens from an advanced civilization must use to wash their space suits. We must have sat there watching it do it's thing for 15 minutes when we got it, it was THAT cool.

Meantime, this week I blocked a stole, knit a hat and started a NEW project: the Aestlight shawl by Gudrun Johnson, using Malabrigo Sock (Mmmmmm, Malabrigo). Because even though it's friggin' HOT now, Fall is just around the corner. And who doesn't need a lovely, drapey shawl on a crisp Fall day?

Lori likes it too.

Pics of recent FOs next time. Here's a preview until then.


Happy Knitting Everyone!

ps: that first picture was WAY cuter before Lori chewed through the working yarn a few minutes ago! Redrum, REDRUM!!!

5 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Ooh, sexy washing machine!

Love the colors of all your knitting projects!

kate-the-enabler said...

OOH - I had a busy week and MISSED this post until now - bad enabler.
Love the room, think the new washer looks incredible (Lemondrop reported on its being rather fabulous after he viewed it today) - we were so glad to help out in the laundry crisis, and it was sort of nice to see you so often ;)
Bravo on the knitting (I may be spending my next couple of lifetimes *coughpaintingcough* so will enjoy knitting vicariously through your efforts for a wee bit.

Cynthia F said...

Lovely new machine!!
And can I give you a kitteh tale of woe - my friend's cat ate some yarn last year (their rough tongues make it impossible to make it come back up if you know what I mean) and ended up with emergency surgery to remove it- to the tune of $2000- be careful lil' Lori!! It was only about 3" of yarn that they took out but it was wrapping around his gut and he almost went to kitty heaven because of it.... Eep! :))

Sinéad said...

I love new electric gadgets. That is one cool looking washing machine! The bedroom is looking good too!
I like the colour of your new project, but I'm dying to see that FO! Is that the Summer of Lace project? yum!

Laurie said...

OMG, a front loader! The only thing better is if it were red! LOL!

Love the shawl - what colorway?

Redrum....lololol...