Tuesday, March 29, 2011

All my fault

I'd like to begin this post with an apology. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that your demeanors have really gone downhill, and I've done my best to put those smiles upside down with funny posts and witty(ish) writing. I've smiled in sympathy when you've sighed in disgust. I want you to know that I hear you, loud and clear, and I feel your pain. Really. I'm right there with you.

Spring hasn't sprung, and it's my fault. I understand, and I'm sorry.

I never asked for this responsbility, you know. I'm just a regular Knitter, minding my business, churning out projects and trying to get through this thing we call Life. But it would seem that, by some unknown process, my knitting and the changing of seasons have become hopelessly linked. It's now clear to me that the axis of the earth will only really increase its tilt toward the sun when I finish my f***ing green scarf, equinox be damned.

I'm doing my best to show Persephone that I really do want it to be Spring. I finished the Java Java Socks (yeah yeah... pics to come), I ordered my seeds for the vegetable garden I'm planning on putting in this summer (ignoring the fact that it's probably doomed to failure, because HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL), I'm even thinking of starting a quilt (because our down comforter will be too warm after it's Spring).

I'm doing all this... and it's not working. The b**ch isn't interested in any of that. She wants the Winter knitwear OFF the needles NOW.

So I'm sorry. I'm knitting as fast as I can (you know... when I can actually sit down to knit), but please bear with me. These are 2.0 mm needles.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

7 comments:

Celia said...

I already killed a cabbage starter plant. Total black thumb here.

Maaike said...

Glad to know you accept the blame for this F%^#^^@#ing weather. I had snow flakes on my car this morning FFS!!!

Then again, maybe I'm to blame because I'm knitting black socks right now (though they're being done with a Cookie A. pattern, so probably not)

I hear that we'll be out of this cold mess by Friday, so cast on something new on Thursday night so you can take the credit :-0

Maryse said...

Oh, so that's why!!! Hurry up!!!

Sinéad said...

Would it be mean if I said it was lovely and sunny here today? Yeah, I thought so. :p
Great that you finished the socks, and hang in there, the scarf will be finished. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life you can wear it. Howzat for a movie quote?

Dawn said...

Could you hurry it up already ;P I'm drowning in all this rain..glug glug!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I better get my act together on the seeds... I need to get new starter things (you know the things you plant the seeds in to start 'em)...

Glad you're taking full responsibility for the weather. Can you bring some sunshine then? Me wants my capris and flip flops to come out to play already.

Laurie said...

Oh, so it's YOUR fault. Whew...for a minute there, I thought it might be mine. LOL!