So here's a random weekend wrap-up instead, because a wordless weekend wrap-up post without pictures is a pretty sucky excuse for a blog post indeed (but maybe I could say I was making a statement on consumerism or something...)
This weekend I:
- attended my very first Roller Derby Match. Bout. Thing. Not too clear on the proper terminology, but all evening, my mind was buzzing with terms like Jammers, Packs and Blockers. It was a good deal of fun, and I hope my friend Louise didn't think I was a total dweeb and will consent to taking me again.
- cleaned out the flower bed in the front yard. Despite the fact that it's a really a teensy bed, cleaning it out necessitated about 2 hours and 2 garbage bags. This ought to tell you something about the sorry-ass state I've let things get.
- brifely considered doing an interpretive dance of joy about that big job being done, except that there's another huuuuge bed that needs to be cleaned/stripped in the back yard, and it's in even worse shape. Insert Le Sigh here.
- pulled my daughters' first tooth out. I'm happy to report that the old thread around the wobbly tooth technique - when applied like you really mean it! - still works.
- got a little sewing done, which I'll share with you next post (tomorrow? Wednesday? We'll see)
- realized that there's less than a month before the Run Ottawa half-marathon. I further realized that the whole "There's plenty of time to train!" argument probaby wasn't going to cut it anymore.
- went out for a run.
How was your weekend?
Happy Knitting, Everyone!