Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm on a roll...

I decided to set aside Mystery Stole on Thursday night to finish up my Kneehigh to a Grasshopper socks (April's Rockin Sock Club), and here they are, in all their splendor:

Here are the stats: knit with Silkie Socks that Rock in the Walking on the Wild Tide colourway, on two 2.25mm circular needles.

What can I say about this project? It was challenging, to say the least. The two circulars (ingenious, but ultimately not for me), the endless purl two togethers (p2tog = M-U-R-D-E-R on the hands), the yarnovers... I'll put it this way: I won't be knitting a pair oh his and hers of this pattern any time soon. Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased with the results.


I'm also pleased (try ecstatic!) with my new sock blockers. Are they not the coolest things EVER??? Totally awesome. I ordered them from Leggy Creations on Etsy (if you've never heard of Etsy, the paradise of all things handmade, go now. I'll wait). I love them so much, I think they deserve their own photo-op.






I was looking forward to casting on another pair of socks (perhaps something from Favorite Socks?), when I hazarded a glance on the Rockin Sock Club blog, and discovered that the August kit was shipped last week. Since I'm already one shipment behind, I cast-on June's Solstice Slip socks instead. So far, I'm loving it.

No comments: