Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yarn PrOn!

I've been busy getting ready for the beginning of my choir's season (I sit on the board), so there hasn't been that much actual knitting done lately. Not to fear, though, knitting is never too far from my mind. In lieu of any knitting progress, I thought we could have a yarn prOn session. Here's what my lovely postlady brought me today:

Bohemian Style handspun yarn in the "Gypsy Rhythm" colourway, from That Spinning Place. It's absolutely beautiful, soft, and just plain yummy. I'd knit it up immediately, but then I wouldn't have it anymore. I think that for now, I just want to kiss it and pet it and love it :)

Next up: remember the Binge-itis attack I said was coming on? It manifested itself in the purchase of this delicious yarn, earmarked for the Bee Fields Shawl.
This is from Fearless Fibers, also on Etsy (I know, it's a sickness). I've read nothing but good things about this yarn on various blogs, and although Deb doesn't normally ship to Canada, after some pretty darned fancy finagling on my part (OK, OK, I agreed to pay hefty shipping fees - Curse you Global Priority Mail!!!), I got my hands on these babies. Not only is the colour absolutely fabulous for the Bee Fields Shawl (if I ever get around to it), but the yarn itself is nice and squishy, something I'm not used to seeing in a lace-weight yarn (but I have limited experience with lace).

Phil and I also managed to see a movie (in an actual movie theater - Woo-Hoo!!!) this weekend. We're quite fond of Japanese Anime, so when we read that a new film was opening on Saturday, we couldn't resist. The movie was Paprika, and I'm still scratching my head and going "Huh? ". I don't know if I'd add it to my home movie collection (like I would, say, a Miyazaki film), but I really enjoyed it, and it was fun to get out of the house without both kids, even though it was only for a couple of hours.

No comments: