Saturday, June 13, 2009

In Bloom

It felt like special things were happening everywhere I looked today.

Mother Nature is finally starting to get it together (but I won't jinx it by saying that Summer has arrived), and my ornamental beds are coming alive.


The peony buds have burst open into the most extravagant blooms you could possibly imagine. I don't recall the name of these peonies, other than that they're supposed to be reminiscent of roses. Boy, do they ever fit the bill, even their fragrance is wonderful! *Sigh* I planted these peonies 2 summers ago, and last year I think I only got one flower. This year though, there are about 7 or 8 buds.

My irises, which I sort of stuck in the ground a few years ago, having overdone it at the local pépinière and not wanting them to go to waste, have decided to flower this year. I think they were mad at me last year from transplanting them, but they seem to have forgiven me, because a few days ago, these lovely ladies were being all flirty with me when I got home.

I love these flowers, they're so delicate, almost like feathers made of silk.

My flower pots have also started to fill out a bit. I bought a few large flower pots this year, and planted a mix of Geramiums, Million Bells and these blue flowers I unfortunately don't remember the name of in them. Hmmm, looks like I need to do some deadheading tomorrow...


My knitting is also making progress. Hamsa is, well.... blooming?


Seriously, doesn't it sometimes feel like that with lace? You get started and knit and knit and knit, and feel like it isn't really going anywhere, and then suddenly, that last pattern repeat really lets you see the motif and you get a glimpse of the future finished object? I think this one is going to be lovely (Well duh... It's a Knitspot pattern!)


Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Sinéad said...

Your peonies are gorgeous, such a rich colour! I love peonies, my Granny always had loads in her garden.
I love the pattern of your Hamsa, the swirls are lovely.

birana said...

You flower are wonderful such nice colors! And you lace wow! superb color would suit well in your garden .hi!hi!

Montreal Mama said...

Oh la la! Love the flowers. Such nice colors.

Love the way your Hamsa is coming out too! Cant wait to see it done!