Monday, August 24, 2009

Believe it or not

I've got a kick arse knitting/crafty post all written up in my head. I went to my mother's house this weekend and *cough* borrowed her stash of vintage buttons, and I knew you'd get a kick out of that. While I was digging around in her storage room I also stumbled upon my old treasure box from when I was a kid, and tucked away in there was something pretty amazing.

I came home with my loot on Saturday, visualizing the great post I was going to write. This was going to be a record-breaker, it would get, like, 17 comments or something crazy like that. Phil was at a kite festival, and Emilie was spending the weekend with her grandparents on their boat (I'm on a boat! I'm on a boat!), so once Maxime was down for his nap, I decided to snap a few Brooklyn Tweed/CosmicPluto like pictures.

But Phil had taken the camera with him.

No problem! I'll just use our old Canon, I thought (I suspect it takes better pictures anyway, but that's a debate for another time).

But the batteries were dead (natch).

No problem, I'll just recharge them for 30 minutes or so, I thought.

And then the power went out (Dear Liza, Dear Liza...).

And then... well... the weekend just got away from me, and I've been debating whether to post at all. Someone once told me that pictures make or break a blog, and I really want to have a good blog, you know? But sometimes I just can't get quite get there. *Sigh*

But really, stay tuned for my Lost Treasures post. It's going to be awesome.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

5 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

oh dear....
comfort yourself that in the case of a post like this one, evidently it's the LACK of pics that make it....
Really looking forward to seeing the photo edition however.
what a weekend :)

Alrischa said...

he he he he he...

Sinéad said...

Consider this the prologue to your "best evah blog post".
You've certainly got me wanting to see the pictures!

Caroline said...

Pictures or not, your blog remains one of my favourites.

I can't wait to see the photo-post though :)

Ali P said...

You are the only person I know who puts pressure on themselves to have a "good" blog. " A " type personality much, T-Roc? :oP