Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pssstttt!!!

Hi there!

I'm writing this up very quickly (and quietly!). The kids and Phil are still in bed (pause for a moment and marvel at the fact that it is 6:50 AM and my kids are still asleep), and we've got a big day ahead of us. Émilie's 5th birthday party is today, and afterward we're packing everyone up and heading up to Quebec City to visit the Aquarium tomorrow for Émilie's actual birthday. We come back to Montreal early Monday evening, just in time for me to go back to work on Tuesday. Boooooo!!!

The Cherry Amelia is progressing merrily along. I've reached the waistband shaping, and am quite content. I don't think I'll bring it with me to Quebec though, it's a bit cumbersome for car knitting. I'll most likely bring my ever-lingering socks (I am so SICK of these socks, lovely as they are), or the thing I cast on to go with the thing I knit for Little Miss Enabler (you follow?).

OK, it's now 7:03 and they're still sleeping. I've still got quite a few preparations to make in order to get ready for the party (like baking a birthday cake, for starters!), so I'd better get cracking. Stay tuned for many, many pictures!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

2 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Happy Birthday, Emilie!

Montreal Mama said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

HAPPY 5th Birthday Emilie!!! Wow, 5 already!!! Is she excited for Kindergarten? Are you? :)