Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's a family affair...

A few months ago my friend, up-and-coming knitwear designer Stéphanie Voyer (aka Birana), posted something on Twitter about needing a 5-6 year-old little girl to model one of her creations for a new pattern.

I happen to have one of those (to quote the Yarn Harlot, I made her myself with things I found lying around the house, heh), and she's pretty gosh darn cute if I do say so myself. So I contacted her, gave her the "Duh!" speech, and she came over the next weekend.

It's been really difficult keeping these pictures under my hat, let me tell you! But I finally got the OK to publish them on the blog.


The pattern is called Chanelette, a beautiful little jacket inspired by Coco Chanel. Give it a knit! You know you waaaaanna. Just don't ask me not to gush that MY daughter was the model for the pattern if I see it on the streets! Motherly pride, what are ya gonna do, right?

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Sereknitty said...

No wonder you had a hard time holding these back! Emilie looks gorgeous! Clearly the knitwear modeling gene has been passed on to the next generation :)

birana said...

Truly a great model. I have to admit! And I'm sure you are too....

Cynthia F said...

Awww she's such a cutie!

Sinéad said...

She looks gorgeous! Born to model, like mother like daughter! And the cardi is lovely too.
Haooy New Year to you all!

Montreal Mama said...

She's so cute modeling Tara! Canada's Next Top Model!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I'll bet she looks great in any hat too. *grumble grumble*

:)