Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another parade!

A while back I mentioned that I was in the midst of a mild (hah!) obsession with hats.

The thing I love about hats is that, not only are they usually one skein projects, but you only have to make ONE to have a finished object, something that's not to be neglected during this, the busiest time in a dedicated Knitters' life.

I've been a smidge busy this week (hence the lack of blogging, sorry about that). But I've been knitting! To whit, I give you not one, not two, but three recent finished objects. Oh yeah!

A few days ago as she was getting ready for school, Émilie commented that she'd like to have another hat. Since I've made myself about 5 in the past few weeks, I figured I'd suck it up and make her one, heh. The pattern I chose, Robin's Egg Blue Hat, is a really quick, simple knit (honestly, it took me less than 2 hours). I used less than one skein of Malabrigo Chunky (Indigo colourway), and I've got a bit left over. I'm thinking of picking up another skein and making her a (sort of) matching cowl-thingy. We'll see if I have time before Christmas (bwaaaaahahahahaha!!!).

I used a vintage button from my mother's bucket 'o buttons, even though it's funkiness is probably lost on a five year-old. She seems to like it though, she insisted that it be worn with the button in the front when I took her picture this afternoon.

Of course, I tried it on for myself (just to see, you know), and I really like it. I might make one for myself, I may have another skein of Chunky in the stash somewhere (AHEM!).

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with my latest Marrow Joe.

I wound up giving the first hat to a friend, but I loved it so much that I just had to make another one for myself. Besides, these Woolly Wormhead hats are just so fun to knit!

Even Phil's got one now!

This would be Urbanista, from the Summer 2009 Knitty. A lot of fun to knit, even though it was a bit of the pain in the arse to weave in about eleventy-billion ends... But it looks great on him (apologies for the lack of Phil in this post, my pictures all came out blurry, sigh). And as Struan is still in a time-out, he needed something to warm his noggin'.

And here we are! The home stretch! The last few days of frantic knitting! The parties! The food! The shopping! The collapsing into a nervous, hysterical wreck!!!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

7 comments:

Sinéad said...

Love Phils hat, the colours are great. Definitely worth the eleventy billion ends.
Émilies hat is gorgeous too, I may have to make one of those. Although that would require purchasing some chunky yarn. Hmm.
Your hat is yum! I love the shape of it. I must check out Wooly Wormhead, I've never made any of her stuff.
Hope you get through the next few days of panic!

Alrischa said...

You might have to put up with short cold days for Christmas, but at least you Canadians have nice buttons. Hatty Christmas!

Ü

Cynthia F said...

Love all your hats- very cool!!!
And your pompom tree- brilliant!!!

Montreal Mama said...

Wow you really are on a hat kick! Nice assortment!

Caroline said...

The hats look great! January is going to be my hat month and I can't wait!

Ali P said...

I am smitten with Emilie's hat...wishing hats didn't look so dorky on me so I could have one. I has some cool buttons!
I'm on a brief Instant Mitten tour of duty right now. Knit a pair in two days, now knitting a second pair. The guys are always short on dry mittens and these babies are quick and cozy.

Anonymous said...

I was going to post about how I like the button hat the best, but then the hat queen had to go and try them all on, and look good in every ^(^%(* one...so now I'm going to slink away and be grumpy about not having enough knitting time to make stuff for myself. :)