Thursday, January 14, 2010

Frothy

Not only does my cup runneth over, it runneth frothy. It almost frotheth over, I tell you!

Despite the gloominess of my last post, things are definitely looking up chez Dear. Firstly, Knit Night yesterday was also Pub Night, and that's always a good thing. The ladies of the group came out en mass, lured by the promise of cold, foamy beverages and pleasant knitterly shenanigans.


Knitting on the leg warmers has recommenced, and I'm pretty sure I've got the tube licked now. I'm going to go for a marathon session tomorrow night, and we'll cross our fingers that Émilie will be the stylin'-est skater on the ice come Saturday.


I've had to set my Citrus Mittens aside for the time-being, but I've made some progress on them, and I'm quite happy with how they're turning out.

I don't do much stranded colourwork, so my tension is a wee bit off, but I'm confident that the pulling you can see here will smoothe out when the mittens are blocked.


What I'm NOT so confident in is that they'll fit my wee hands when they're done! Maybe it's just me, but they look HUUUGE! I might wind up having to find a woman with man hands (or an effeminate, citrus-loving man) to gift them to. I just don't have the heart to rip them out.


Last but not least in the frothy-ness of my cup: I will be starting a new job in a little less than a month's time! After a long period of searching and questioning, I will finally be able to exercise the profession for which I was trained, that of a Professional Librarian. A new chapter (ah, librarian humour!) is about to begin, and I can't wait!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

LavenderStarfish said...

Well, what can I say. I´m jeaoulus right now that you have a knitting meeting in a pup and you can enjoy a guiness while knitting! ;-) And I really like you citrus mittens, even thogh yellow and orange is not really my color. I wish I could knit with two colors. I think that is the next thing i will try. :-D

Sandra said...

Gee - I could finish the pair of my Selbuvotter mittens that will be most likely too small for me !! and exchange it for your, but then orange and green (??) nothing to wear with that.

Sereknitty said...

Oh, I am lusting after your mittens! The colours are amazing and the stand work is truly fabulous ... I couldn't see any pulling ... you must be imagining it :)

I'd hate to see what my knitting would look like if I did it in the pub, while imbibing -- frightening!

Cynthia F said...

Love love love the citrus mitts- how gorgeous!
And big congrats on your new job!!

Montreal Mama said...

Wow, that's crazy that they're too big. Are there different size options for the pattern? If so, which size did you follow?

Pub night sounds like fun!

Can't wait to see the leg warmers! Maybe you should be knitting them in a worsted? LOL

Anonymous said...

a) good luck on the new job! Yay for non-useless degrees! :)

b) those citrus mitts are gorgeous! What a creative pattern!

I think my olympic project will be stranded colorwork.