Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kickin' it into gear

There are now less than 5 weeks to go until Christmas, and as of this morning, I still have 3 gifts to knit up. Actually, I would really have to knit something like 10 more gifts if I were to give everyone on my list some woolly love this year, but since that's not going to happen (unless I, you know, forgo sleep entirely), I'm aiming for my parents and in-laws this year. That makes for 6 people (my parents are both remarried), which I think is doable.

I'm currently working on a gift for one of the ladies in that set (gotta be careful here, because the intended recipient is a sometime reader), the Love Lace socks. I've turned the heel on the second sock, and while I haven't yet finished the decreases along the gusset, provided Maxime gives me some knitting time, I should be finished by tomorrow night (pipe dream?).

I've also ordered some yarn from Maggie, and I think I'll be using the Evergreen colourway for a lovely pair of man's socks. Who will they be for? I don't know yet. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this yarn, though. New yarn (even when you really don't need new yarn) is just the thing to cure one of the knitting doldrums (I don't respond to pressure-knitting well).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do much in the way of knitting today. Our "good" car is in the shop, so I'll be chauffeuring Philippe and Emilie in the "crap" car all day. Grrrrrr.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lori said...

Mmmm I still love those lace socks. Can I be on your gift list? :]

Ali P said...

New yarn...mmmm...I agree. Nothing like new yarn to give you a kick start. It also gives me bad startitis at other times when its not so welcomed!LOL

Montreal Mama said...

December's sock kit for Robyn's Nest is dyed by Maggie of Dyed in the Wool Handmade! Just to let you know :)

Anonymous said...

a-ha. I was wondering about the car. Nosey neighbor that I am.

Love the colourway - can see why you found it irresistable.

Maggie said...

One year I knitted gifts for my entire family. That was the year we were broke and I knitted entirely from my stash! This year I'm planning on making these for my sister, and maybe socks for my parents. I don't have much time left!

They don't read my blog, but just in case, I'm not posting there about it!