Thursday, January 3, 2008

Simplifying

I still want (and plan!) to do a review of 2007, but time has been short lately, so it'll have to wait. However, I didn't want to leave my readers in the dust, as I've been neglecting the blog over the past few weeks. Here's what I've been up to.

On New Years' Day, despite practically falling down from exhaustion (I SO can't handle getting to bed at 1:30 AM anymore!!!) we got all dolled up and braved a snowstorm to head over to my mother-in-law's house for a lovely dinner. Everything was delicious, but at 8:45 we'd had enough and headed home to crawl into bed!

Yesterday was spent attempting to recuperate from the previous night's excesses (no small feat with 2 small children!). And today? Today, dear readers, we made the traditional, post-Christmas trip to Ikea, where we picked up a few items to aid us in our attempt to get ever more livable space out of our tiny home.

Here we see our new, swanky audio-video table, currently being used as a toy storage area (somehow I doubt Home Theater magazine will be contacting us to feature our layout any time soon).

We also picked up this little sofa bed for our downstairs game room, which should enable visiting dignitaries to actually sleep indoors, a great improvement from our previous accommodations, which consisted of an inflatable floating lounge chair. And look! It's hot pink! Funky!!!

I've made some progress on my secret project, so check out Ravelry for updates on that score. Tomorrow is Phil's last day off from work, and wouldn't you know it? Daycare is open. Gosh, what will we do???

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Husband home from work, daycare open, new sofabed...WOOOO! Knit, obviously! Ha ha ha!

Montreal Mama said...

The new items look great! Use them well. Enjoy your day off tomorrow with the hubby!

Anonymous said...

I predict you'll have a visit from your friendly local Jehovahs...(or was it the Mormons? I couldn't quite see...nosey neighbor ;) )
The new stuff does look great - hope today is a really good one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm having project envy for the Ravelry project...looking very good.
:)