Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do Patterns Count?

As many of you know, I've sworn to hold off on buying yarn until Rhinebeck. Unlike some of my other oaths (like for instance, oh... the 100 push-up challenge?), this is one I've actually KEPT.

However, a girl's gotta get her knitting kicks somehow, right? Enter the knitting pattern.

A few weeks ago, Caroline queued the pattern for these mittens in Ravelry. Well! You all know how highly frogs are regarded in THIS household, don't you? Had to have it.

That sent me on a mission for other froggy patterns. I found the crochet Frog beanie, and that opened up a whole 'nother can of worms with the whole "crochet" deal... Enter the Frog Kisser slippers.

(Dudes, you've GOT to check out this shop... some of those patterns are Off. The. Hook.)

I'm also seriously considering Ann Hanson's Autumn Arbor Stole, as well as Gnarled Oakwoods...

Can't wait to hop on that yarn train...

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

Sinéad said...

You'll be over-run with frogs if you're not careful! Although those slippers are great. I can see much bouncing and ribbiting going on if you make those.
That's a pretty shawl pattern too.

Alrischa said...

It looks like, if you put your little fingers together, you make a frog Ü ...does it work the other way, too?

Sometimes I wish I lived in Canada, because then my hubby would be asking me to knit more!

Sereknitty said...

I've been drooling over the Autumn Arbor Stole pattern as well ... I even have the yarn all set to go ... I refuse to buy another lace pattern until I finish my Alhambra! (Which should be very soon!)

Montreal Mama said...

That's a good question if patterns count if you're on a yarn diet - but then again, if you've got to use stash yarn, then you do need the patterns to knit them...!