Thursday, October 25, 2007

But it was on sale!

A couple of weeks ago, I was randomly following links and I ended up on Sweet Georgia's blog (she of Sweet Georgia yarn). Specifically, on this page, where she shows off her beautiful Sizzle sleeveless shell top. Yeah, it's another Wendy Bernard pattern. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Anyway, Georgia used Estelle Mystik yarn for her Sizzle, and the results (at least in my humble opinion) are lovely. Since I was on a yarn fast (and, you know, winter is fast approaching), I let it go.

Skip ahead to last night. I get an email from Ram Wools (I have got to get off those "Update" mailing lists, they're just evil) telling me that Estelle Mystik is now on sale! 50% off! "Sizzle!!!!" I think. So I bought 10 balls in the Scarlet colourway. Whaaaat? It was on sale!!!!!

As to the other projects I'm drooling over, I'm planning on casting on an obscene amount of projects in the next few days, in the hopes that this will counter the urge to splurge. If that doesn't work, November is a whole new month. :P

3 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Nice score on the yarn! I'm half Scottish, so always appreciate and snap up a good deal.

Mrhide said...

/husband thinks... and shuts up about "hey it was a bargain!" deals ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the enabling. I just
bought some too.
Carol Ann