Thursday, October 18, 2007

Woo-Hoo (I guess)

The Wildflower sweater is finally done. I thought I would be done by Tuesday at the latest, but not only did I underestimate the amount of time it would take me to do the embroidery, I also failed to remember how much I hate seaming. No worries though, the important thing is that it is now ready for Rhinebeck.
It was my intention to post a picture of the sweater actually being worn by its intended owner, my three year old daughter Emilie. However, after taking one look at the sweater her puffy-eyed mother was proudly presenting her this morning, the little angel said "I don't like it" and flat out refused to try it on. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Insert appropriate expletives here). Anyway, I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that I handled it badly, so badly in fact that I can pretty much guarantee that there is now no chance in hell of her wearing it. EVER. Anyone want a sweater? I'd be willing to part with it for, oh, 700$? :) Gotta love kids.

The worst of it is that she flipped through my pattern book (I was trying to show her that I'd made her THAT one. "See? It's the same, isn't that cool????") and promptly requested I now make her a knitted mouse. Um, I'm going with NO at this point. No more knitting for the ungrateful child, thank you very much. I'm going to retreat to a corner and nurse my wounds for a bit before I venture into THAT neck of the woods again, if you don't mind. Possibly with, *GASP*, something for myself that isn't a pair of socks. I'll keep you posted until after Rhinebeck.

In other news, Kate-the-Enabler, my mom and myself saw Elizabeth: The Golden Age yesterday. I quite enjoyed it, but something bothered the crap out of me. One of the actors was maddeningly familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on who he was (he played the Jesuit) or where I'd seen him before. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm somewhat of a freak when it comes to anything movies. I know actors, directors, composers. Put it this way: I play a mean "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon". Anywho, it bothered me off and on all evening, and this morning in the shower it just hit me: he played Spike in Notting Hill. I checked IMDB and sure enough, I was right. I rule!!!

5 comments:

Mrhide said...

She will try it tonight ... don't worry. Picture to come!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I am so very sorry that the sweater wasn't greeted with the squeals of glee that it deserved. Parenting is FUN.

Can't wait to see the pic promised for tonight's trying then...perhaps you should take a video?
(If she refuses - Romy says he'll wear the sweater 'cos he think's he'd be pretty in it, and he'll go to Rhinebeck with you. Ok?)

Also enjoyed the movie - and glad you figured out the actor - funny how when you just let the brain percolate something for while it can come up with amazing trivia....

Caroline said...

Aww, how can she not like it, it's gorgeous!

Jennifer Lori said...

I'm clearly behind in my blog reading, as you've now managed to get her to at least try it on. But...did she take it well when she did put it on? It looks adorable on her!

Montreal Mama said...

The sweater is just fantastic. I havent done fair isle or intarsia yet... it's on my list of things to do one day :) Looks great, though, pat on your back :)