Saturday, December 1, 2007

No Longer Friday

I really and truly meant to post yesterday, but I had an appointment that came in out of nowhere on Friday afternoon that I absolutely could not miss, and an already busy day turned into a crazy-ass, hectic one. Seriously, this is what I did yesterday:
  • Woke up at 6:15 AM. Fed Maxime and got Emilie ready for daycare. Got started on laundry.
  • Put Maxime down at 8:50 for his morning nap.
  • Dash into shower.
  • Make 3 chicken pot pies ('cause I wouldn't have time to make them that afternoon). I was counting on the little one to sleep until his usual 11 o'clock to get this one done. Naturally, he woke up at 10. Little Angel.
  • Alternate between tending to a screaming Maxime and finishing the freakin' pies. Get them in the oven and give Maxime his lunch at 11.
  • Have my lunch (read: scarf down bowl of pasta in record-breaking time).
  • Head to the mall to pick up something I forgot on my trip the day before.
  • Head to the hospital for Maxime's physiotherapy appointment (he has torticollis).
  • Rush home, try to put Maxime to bed while I get changed.
  • Wait for Phil to get home at 2:30 and run out for my appointment.
  • Get out of meeting at 4, swing by daycare and pick up Emilie.
  • Get home. Find out that my Dad's been hospitalized and is in the ICU (apparently he ruptured something in his chest a week ago and has been bleeding internally ever since. After removing 1.4 liters (why yes, that would be 25% of the body's supply of blood!) from around his lungs, it appears that he's going to be OK, although he may need surgery if the bleeding doesn't stop on its own.
  • Have dinner (chicken pot pie!), put the kids to bed.
  • Collapse in a heap of exhaustion.
Seriously, sorry about the bulleted list presentation, but that was the most efficient way to get through all that was going on yesterday. This morning has been equally busy (Zellers, groceries, finish up the laundry, 2 pumpkin pies with leftover pie crust), but I've now done everything I needed to get done today, so I'm good.

Oh! Kate-the-Enabler had her baby! Woo-Hoo! Apparently the threat of induction was enough to send her into labour on her own, because baby Liam was born at 2:21 AM on Thursday morning, a full 4 hours before she was to be induced. I haven't met him in person yet, but I've seen pictures, and he's adorable (seriously, with good-looking parents like that, of course he was going to be cute!). I'll post pictures when I get the OK from Mama Bear.

In knitting news, I've finished my secret Christmas project (you can check it out on Ravelry), and I've decided to move on to these socks for my Mom's husband (he's not a reader, so it's OK if I talk about it here). I'm going to use my one and only skein of Smooshy sock yarn, and I'm quite upset that I won't have any in my stash anymore after this. He'd better appreciate them! Grumble grumble. Seriously, I think the yarn and the colourway (Dusky Aurora) will fit great with this pattern. I've only knit my swatch so far, so no pictures (Monday!).

OK, I'm off to enjoy a few minutes with West Side Story and some knitting. Have a great weekend!


Caroline said...

What a day! I'm glad to know your father is going to be all right. And congratulate blogless Kate for me! I hope you'll be able to post pics!

Jennifer said...

Holy Friday Batman! I was grinning through it, seeing the same rushing around I go through (why would the babies eat/sleep on time?) until I got to the part about the ICU. I'm glad to hear everything will be fine- must have been scary! How on earth did they figure out he was bleeding? Well, thank Gd they caught it in time. Hopefully the weekend and next week will be a bit slower paced...