Monday, November 24, 2008

Thank Phil

Editorial note: I meant to post this last night, but Blogger was being a boob and I couldn't upload my pictures. Sorry!)

I've been such a horrible blogger this week. I've been caught up in other extra-curricular activities (I'll explain later), and I just haven't had the time (or, quite frankly, the will) to blog. Mea culpa.

This is especially daunting because I'm well aware that a good blogger posts much more frequently than I do, and with lovely pictures to boot! I've been failing in both departments, and I'm sorry. I appreciate all of you who read this, and I want you to know it.

That being said, it's Sunday evening, and I'm exhausted. All I really want to do is curl up in bed with my book, but Phil scolded me for not blogging in such a long time. So thank Phil.

So what have I been up to lately? Well, it's sort of embarrassing, actually. I've been cultivating a new obsession, you see. And it's nothing to do with knitting (shocking, I know).

A while back, Sandra mentioned a book series I'd never heard of, told me how much she'd enjoyed it and how she was looking forward to the movie. I didn't give it too much thought at the time, but when I saw the previews for the film, I was intrigued. This was clearly right up my alley... I'm a Buffy fan, after all. A vampire romance? I'm SO there.

Unless you've been living under a rock (or a knitting bag, as the case may be), you've probably guessed by now that I'm referring to the Twilight book series (and now the film) by Stephenie Meyer. I picked up the first book on Wednesday, and I pretty much haven't been able to put it down since. Yes, it's supposed to be for young adults. So's Harry Potter...

I finished Twilight late last night (technically early this morning), and I saw the film this afternoon, by myself. The film wasn't as good as the book (of course), but I quite liked it. On my way out of the theater, there just happened to be a book store, and wouldn't you know it? They had a copy of the second book in the series, New Moon.

What ELSE have I been up to? Last night Phil and I had a date night, which was fun. We were supposed to meet up with Jessica at Le Milsa, a Brazillian place where they grill meat on spits and slice it up for you at your table, but we couldn't get reservations, so we ended up just going to our favourite Vietnamese soup place, Phô Bang New York. After dinner Phil and I wanted to catch a movie (but not Twilight, because I hadn't finished the book yet and didn't want to spoil it), so braved the cold and walked to the Cineplex, where Quantum of Solace (the only other movie I was interested in that Phil also wanted to see) was playing.


Did I mention it was friggin' cold here last night? I mean, Jessica was wearing long underwear, for Pete's sake (something I was prepared to make fun of until we stepped outside, then I was envious). Especially since I didn't even have mittens with me (but I was wearing plenty of hand knits).After we bought our tickets we still had some time to kill, so we walked to a near Second Cup and had some coffee and sugary goodness.

I tried on Jessica's Hat. (For some reason, I felt it was necessary to look fierce when wearing it).


Phil tried on Jessica's Hat.

We all agreed that I needed to knit Jessica a hat. (Really Jessica, I'm so sorry we made fun of your hat. I'm sure it's very serviceable. Really.)

Then Phil and I went to the movie, and Jessica headed home (she wanted to see it with her boyfriend Chris).

So that was my weekend. Not a DORMA day in sight, so of course I'm now quite unprepared for the week ahead. I've got 2 meals made (instead of 4), 2 weeks worth of ironing left untouched, and the laundry's STILL not finished.

But I had fun. :)

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Mrhide said...

in soviet russia, we don't need a second cup!

ps: wait for the video of Tara singing the hunt for red october song with that hat on :D

Sinéad said...

Love you in your knitty hat! Really cute and warm looking. And thanks Phil, I thought she'd dropped off the blogosphere. Not that I can talk really, I'm in exactly the same boat. Tonight I must post myself. Haven't read the Twilight books, I must be the only person who hasn't! I'll put them on my wish list from Santa I think.

Anonymous said...

It's sooo funny! I feel like cheating and copy/paste your blog entry on mine! We had the same week end and I have two weeks of ironing to do too.....

Sereknitty said...

I love Second Cup coffee -- especially this time of year. It has to be their 'Spiced Eggnog' blend -- to die for, &
I hate eggnog!
You look darling in your pom pom hat! Your grandma is going to love her socks in that colourway - very cheery!

Montreal Mama said...

Love he hat pic... so sexy.

I've been debating the Twilight series... but I am not a buffy fan...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phil!

Mmm Le Milsa...yummy food, and the last time I was there they got my brother to dance with the Brazilian dancer.

I miss going to movies by myself. It almost counted when I did Movies for Mommies just me and Jakob, but didn't have the same relaxation level. (And had a lot more crying).