Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tidbits

It's been such an appallingly long time since my last post (is 4 days appalling?) that I've got no real narrative flow for today. I'm just going to throw it out there as it comes to me, all right?

Well, first and foremost, Halloween!

My little bug. I say bug because his hood (which you can't really see well in this picture) was meant to look like a spider, but there were only 6 feet on the costume, and we all know spiders have 8 legs, so he's just a bug.

This is supposed to be a "one size fits ages 0-6" costume, and all I can say to that is : NOT!!! I barely got it on him on Friday morning, and I was a bit worried that he'd freak out, but all for naught, apparently. He started running around, laughing and making "Grrrr!" noises. It was awesome.My little unicorn. I know you've seen this picture before, but all the pictures we took of her on Halloween turned out blurry! It is HARD to take a picture of an over-excited 4 year-old, let me tell you!

Trick or Treating was a barrel o' fun, as usual. Kate-the-Enabler and I took the kids once around the block (don't laugh, that took almost an hour), marvelling that Émilie and Aidan were old enough to make it up and down the stairs of each house on their own (Maxime and Liam were mostly there in an observation capacity). Our men stayed home and handed out candy. Phil even put a pinball machine out in the street for the kids (and grownups too!) to play with!

It was pretty funny, watching the kids walk up to it and asking their parents what it was. Pre-playstation entertainment! A few parents actually thanked us for introducing these machines to their kids. And Phil even got to meet a buddy from one of his online forums! Turns out he lives just down the street. Small world...

And here's the loot, after we filtered out all the stuff we don't want the kids eating (like gum and unwrapped candy). I'm happy to report that I've managed to avoid the candy for now, because...

I finally fit into my jeans!!! Remember when I started on this Health and Fitness kick, I said my goal was to be able to fit into these? Well, yesterday I realized that I could pull off my old jeans without unbuttoning and unzipping them, so I took these out of the guilt drawer (that's also where I keep my pre-pregnancies bikini) and tried them on, and they FIT! And I can walk in them and EVERYTHING! Next step: to get THESE off without unbuttoning or unzipping. LOL!

ALL my clothes are starting to feel a bit frumpy, actually. But I also got my visa bill with all the Rhinebeck follies on it this week, so no shopping for me! Grumble grumble...

Finally, a finished object! Yes friends, the Good ole cabled scarf, which I cast on in November 2007, is finally done.
Knit with Malabrigo worsted using 5.0 mm straights, this was a very easy knit. It could be a smidge longer, but I didn't want to have to wind another skein of yarn :) I have to check the stash to see if I've got enough yarn for a matching hat, now (I'm thinking the Snowball Hat from the Fall 2007 IK).

Happy Knitting Everyone!

7 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Congrats of getting into your skinny jeans ... you're a brave girl ... it would be the frosty friday that my behind would be displayed on my blog -- although, maybe, if it looked as good as yours!

Your scarf looks very cozy -- nice job!

Caroline said...

You really look fantastic! I sort of hate you now, I can't lose weight no matter what I do.

(Except, you know, I don't hate you at all! ;) )

Ps/The word verification I have for this comment is actually a real French word: "proches". I think it's cool but I'm easily amused.

Alrischa said...

My little boy would have loved that spider... spiders are the latest craze. Our house is wood, and there are knots everywhere, and every one is a "spa da!" lol. Makes me tired.

Don't know why you think you need to be thinner! Your butt looks fine Ü

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm arachnaphobic, so I'm glad Maxime was a bug and not a spider. Plus those running shoes are adorable! Emilie is cute as always, but check YOU out, in your skinny jeans! I can't believe I'm going to type this, but "yo go girl!". If I can't lose the baby weight (and all the extra weight I'll pretend is from the baby) then I'm thinking of joining WW. We'll see what happens by the time the baby is around 6 months old.

p.s great job on the scarf too! What old ufo is up next?

Montreal Mama said...

Love the bug costume, never seen it before!

Sean went trick or treating for his mommy & daddy. No way am I letting him eat half that candy! LOL Not at 2 years old (not even yet!)

That's neat that Phil let the neighbors play pin ball... He wasn't worried about damage to the machine... afterall it's kids!

Montreal Mama said...

ps- GO YOU and your Jeans girl!

Mrhide said...

hii hii!!!