Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Deeply Smitten

Last night's progress on the Turn a Square Hat.

I've reached the crown shaping, and if all goes well, I hope to finish tonight. The colours are just beginning to change, it's very exciting (OK, maybe not that much...)

I'm enjoying this project so much, I thought I'd try it on, even though it's not for me.


What do you think? I think I look pretty cute in a beanie! Very cheeky.

I forgot to mention last post that when I saw Robyn on Saturday, she gave me these great scrabble letter T earrings that she made for me. Aren't they cute? Thanks, girl! You rock (or, as they say in the French version of Guitar Hero World Tour, Tu déchires!.

OK people, I'm off to finish a hat and wind a skein of DIC Classy for the next one. I'm on a roll...

Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Alrischa said...

Okay, it took me a few minutes to realize why she gave you "T" earrings, but I'm going to plead Morning Insanity, as it's just 6am.

Very cute idea.

How are you liking that Noro now? Is it nice to knit with or is it mainly the colors coming out? I'm thinking of Hatting with some, too...

One week to go! My hubby tells me (now that his secret knitted hat is done) that wool makes him itchy (baby!) and so I'm trying to knit a bit of a lining for it in very soft acrylic. I'm probably just adding 2000 stitches to a gift he'll never wear anyway.

Oh well. Then I'll have a reason not to bother knitting him stuff. Or maybe I should knit him socks...

Merry Christmas! (Byron's going around saying "Merry!" to everyone. lol!)

Montreal Mama said...

You are on a roll girl! Keep pumping out hats! You may just make it on time for Xmas!

Glad you like your T's! How many points is that?

Sereknitty said...

I'm cheering you on, from afar! You go girl! And yes, you do look tres cute in beanies -- I, however, most certainly do not!