Saturday, September 12, 2009

3 Goals

On June 6th I went out for my first run since high school. I ran for 16 minutes without stopping, roughly 2.5 km, and was quite amazed that I'd been able to manage it. I've tried to run 3-4 times a week ever since, gradually increasing my time and distance, in preparation for the 10km race of the Montreal Marathon.

The race is tomorrow, I'm super excited and nervous and - yes - even a bit scared. What if I can't do it? What if I get a cramp? What if I have to pee? :)

All kidding aside, I've got 3 goals for tomorrow's race:

  1. Finish the race
  2. Run the entire race without stopping or walking
  3. Finish the race within 60 minutes.
If I achieve these goals, I think I might earn the right to call myself a Runner. And who knows where that will take me next?

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

Alrischa said...

You're already a runner, Tara! Have fun tomorrow ;)

Caroline said...

You are a runner! I'm proud of you!

knitspot anne said...

i hope you had a great race today tara! i've been thinking about you and hoping your weather was as glorious as ours.

Montreal Mama said...

I wish I could run. You inspire me.