Monday, September 28, 2009

Amelia

I should be sitting on the couch right now, knitting Maxime a pair of mittens and watching last week's Heroes. But I got all my Amelia pictures from my stepfather, and I just couldn't wait to show you.
I've been having quite a bit of fun with the Mosaic Maker, it gives just the right amount of Artsy Fartsy-ness to this project, which is officially my favourite finished object EVER!

What can I say about this project? You know, other than that I LOVE it. Love the pattern, love the yarn (OMG, if you've never worked with Madelinetosh Tosh Worsted, you really don't know what you're missing. It's just scrumptious).

I knit the pattern as written, except I made the body a little longer (because my body is, well, a little longer than average). It's flattering, girly, the perfect thing to throw on on a crisp Fall day and still look feminine and put together. I highly recommend it (in case there was any doubt).

I'll leave you with the money shot.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

9 comments:

Alrischa said...

I love the little spinning wheel. Knitting bling ;) Where does it hang on Amelia? Or is it jewelery?

Montreal Mama said...

You did a fab job on that sweater. The color suits you well. Wear it well!

And your stepfather did a great job with the photography. He a professional or it's just his hobby?

Can't wait to see Maxime's mittens!

Sinéad said...

Well step off miss thang, you should audition for Americas Next Top model. You look great! And the cardigan is fab too. Your stepfather is a great photographer.

birana said...

Wow! Wonderful photos! You make a nice model :) You sweater suit you very well and madelinetosh worsted is amazing! Congrats to photographer too ;)

Sereknitty said...

And here you told us that you weren't a garment knitter -- phooey! Looks amazing, as do you -- sure don't look like any librarian I've ever seen :)

Ali P said...

Now I wants one.

Mrhide said...

she's mine

Cynthia F said...

Awesome!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Holy modeling Miss Thang! You look amazing, especially in the 2 shots in the 2nd set of photos. Great job on the sweater, great photos, and gorgeous all-round.