Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hand Jive

Boy, am I beat. It's shaping up to be a DORMA week, rather than a DORMA-day, but I know a few of you are wondering how Phil's hand surgery went on Thursday, so I'm writing a quick post now, even though the couch is playing our song, heh.

So! It turns out that he had tendon AND nerve damage, but they were able to repair it, and barring any complications, he should retain full use and feeling in that finger. It really is quite a painful procedure, so he wasn't exactly in great spirits on Friday and Saturday. Well.... that changed when we went to celebrate his birthday on Saturday and got to enjoy a dance with a Brazilian Carnaval dancer!
As you can see, he really can Walk like an Egyptian ;)

By the end of the evening, we had all developed a sympathetic hand limp.

All joking aside, it was a fun evening. Good food (SO much food), good people, good company.

Earlier that day I visited my mom and step-dad, who also happens to be an amateur photographer, and we took a few pictures...

I'll tell you all about it... next time :)

Happy Knitting Everyone!

5 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Happy Birthday Phil!

Love the sneak peak of the sweater (and the pic of it on Facebook!)

birana said...

Happy brithday to phil ;) And you are all funny egyptian. LOL! Can't wait to see those photos... lovely sneak peak

Sinéad said...

Happy Birthday Phil! Glad the surgery went ok, hope the pain isn't too bad. I'm sure the Brazilian Dancer helped ;)
Can't wait to see "The Big Reveal" of the garment next time!

Mrhide said...

ar ar !!

Thanks eveyone, it was indeed a nice evening...and a painfull couple of days :(

Hi from Oklahoma! I`ll try to send Tara pics from my hotel room view!

Anonymous said...

Glad the hand will recover! Wait, I think that needs capitals for emphasis. Let me restart...

Glad The Hand will recover! (Much better).

Mmmmm Le Milsa...