Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh My...

In the words of one of the Greatest Minds of our time: Oops, I did it again.

I've gone and dropped off the blogosphere for a week. *Sigh* I don't really have an excuse, either, except that I just, well... haven't felt like blogging, heh. Don't get me wrong, I've been knitting, I just haven't felt like sitting down and writing about it.

To be honest, I'm in a bit of a funk lately. I sprained my ankle last week and haven't really been able to go to the gym or for a run, and that's got me feeling antsy. Phil is in Paris on business this week, which leaves me with all the house/kids/responsible adult stuff. Thankfully everyone is happy and healthy, Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time they decided to get sick precisely when Phil's away.

Nope, I'm just... not quite there. But there are a few things to look forward to this week that might help turn my frown upside down. My impending KnitPicks order for one (along with finally getting to meet Caroline, who went halvesies on shipping with me!), getting to see New Moon with my good friend Sandra on Friday (she bought the tickets 2 weeks in advance!), catching up on Glee (Phil away on business = girly TV)...

Yup, things are looking up. And in the meantime, there's always cashmere.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

Pretty blog post - sounds like there's a lot of nice coming up this week to keep you sane until you have parenting assistance again ;) and that cashmere...mmmm...almost enough all by itself. I've clearly got a mental block about it though - what are you planning to knit with it? You've told me (once, possibly as often as thrice...) and I can't summon the info...

Montreal Mama said...

Ooh la la, Cashmere!

Sounds like a busy week - hopefully you'll have some quiet time.

Have you never met the lovely Caroline before? When are you meeting up with her?

Alrischa said...

I don't knit anything fast enough to blog about it as often as you! Can't even buy much new (good) yarn to photograph. Love the color of that cash... hope you can find a worthy pattern ;)

Happy Movie-ing with Sandra. Can't wait to see it! Lucky I don't have to wait as long as you lot... hehehe!

Caroline said...

Cashmere! Yum. What will it become?

Amelah said...

Ohh that yarn LOOKS soft!!!!

Sinéad said...

So glad the kids are well this time while Phil is away. Makes a change huh?
Hope your ankle gets better soon and you're back pounding the pavement or treadmill.
Yum cashmere, I bet it's really soft and snuggly!

Mrhide said...

Paris was great !!

while we wait for the master to emerge, here's a little something:

http://picasaweb.google.com/philtibo/Paris4

Ali P said...

Cashmere cures most ills. I have the Glee soundtrack thanks to my neice!!!!! LOVE MY GLEE!