Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Who can it be now?

Yes, I'm listening to Men at Work right now. The title seemed appropriate, since A) I'm at work and B) it's been so long since I've posted (again) that y'all might have forgotten all about me.

Well! The funk I mentioned being in last week turned out to be (probably) swine flu. I say probably, because I haven't gotten an official diagnonsense, but I DID have the flu, and really, how many types of flu are running around lately? On Tuesday morning I went into work as usual, and within a few hours I had chills and a headache and just felt miserable, to the point that my boss sent me straight home, and I didn't go in the rest of the week.

So yeah, not a good week. The level of apathy I sank to was pretty astounding, let me tell you. I didn't knit, didn't read, didn't do anything but take the kids to school/daycare and return home to bed. Fun, fun times. And yet, a few knitterly gems managed to find their way to me somehow...

A couple of months ago Véronik Avery posted something on the Montreal Knits forum about looking for new models for her Spring/Summer St-Denis Nordique pattern booklet. I was riding the cardigan high at the time, and a few of my friends gently encouraged me to send in my picture (read: SEND IN YOUR PICTURE NOW, TARA!!!!). So I did, but I didn't really hear back from her after the initial "Thanks! I'll let you know when I know!" email. Which was fine.

Anyway, last week Véronik sent me a message asking if I would be available for a photoshoot that Thursday! I may have been sick, but this was Véronik Avery, people! Asking little old MOI to be a model for her! Um... yes? Yes, I think I can arrange something :)

So last Thursday, I loaded up on Tylenol and cough suppressant and made the 2 and a bit hour drive with a friend (to do the driving in case I passed out, heh) to a lovely sandy beach in the Outaouais region. It was a beautiful day, I had a lot of fun, and I really hope Véronik got the shots she wanted and I didn't muck it up too much. I wish I had pictures to share with you, but I haven't even seen any myself! We're just going to have to wait for Spring.

So yeah, it's been an interesting week! I am now a "knitwear model". I'm on the CUSP, people. The world is my oyster, it's all within my reach!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

5 comments:

Mrhide said...

your a pearl dear ;)

Montreal Mama said...

I can't wait to see the next issue with you in it!!

Who did you drive down with? Sounds like a lot of fun!!

I sent Mack's photo, but never heard back even so much as a "we'll be in touch". Oh well.

Hope you're feeling better. I'm home sick today. ;(

Sam said...

Gee... Well I may finally end up catching H1N1 from you instead of dear husband getting back from China with it... hmm, let's keep our fingers crossed. And how did you find NM anyway ?

Sinéad said...

OMG a model for Véronik? I'm so glad I knew you before you were famous and it all went to your head lol.
Poor you, it sounds like we both had the dreaded porkie flu. Don't you just feel awful with it? It sucked the big one.

Cynthia F said...

Ack I am so far behind on your blog! Love all your knitting, just beautiful as always! And I hope you are feeling better....! xo