Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wips

Admit it: y'all thought I'd flake out and not put up a post tonight, DIDN'T YOU?!? Hah! Oh, thee of little faith.

I think it's fair to say I'm on a bit of a hat kick lately, and really, with the weather turning cold and dreary, it's a good thing. After making everyone in the house a brand spanking new winter hat, I finally selected and cast on a hat that I can only hope will suit Phil's discriminating noggin' to the proverbial Tee.

Ysolda's Struan, using Dream in Color Classy in the lovely Deep Sea Flower colorway. I'm confident this hat will work for him, he's got one with a similar construction that looks quite dashing on him, so I'm hoping we've struck a match. And it's looking as though I'll have more than enough yarn left over to make Maxime a matching one (you know, since he still refuses to wear the as yet to be photographed in the wild Monkey hat...).

After my love affair with Woolly Wormhead's Marrow Joe, I signed up for both patterns of her Mystery KAL. So far we've only received the clues to knit the brim and the increases for the body of the hat.
Pattern A, which is a slouchier hat.

Pattern B, which will be a more fitted beret.

I dove into my stash of Japanese yarn for these projects. I'm using Diakeito Diaexceed silkmohair, a wool, silk, mohair and nylon blend, for Pattern A and Olympus make make, which is a lightly (make that VERY lightly) spun 90% wool, 10% mohair blend, for Pattern B. The second clue comes out on November 9th, so stay tuned for that.

I'm still working on my Noro socks, of course, but progress has been slow with so many projects on the needles at once... I'm about halfway through the foot on the first sock. I'm really liking the look of these socks, I hope I can get the striping sequence to line up for the second one! Hmmm, maybe I won't hold my breath on that one...


I've also got a few finished objects that are still waiting for a proper post. Let's see if we can talk about that tomorrow. Tomorrow's a DORMA day though, so you know... no promises.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Sereknitty said...

You've been busy! I really like the yarn and pattern you've chosen for Phil's hat -- DIC is definitely my current favourite yarn.

Montreal Mama said...

Great projects! Can't wait to see them all done! Great colors you've chosen for everything!

Ali P said...

I have been planning on a hat soon. Something fake isle inspired with earflaps and then lined...I am ambitious, non? You will hold me when I cry that its not working, right?