I’ve been doing quite a bit of knitting, though. Not as much as I’d like (but really, do we EVER get to knit as much as we’d like?), but still… I’ve gone and caught startitis, and I’ve got quite a few small(ish) projects on the go at the moment. Tomorrow we’ll have a proper wip show and tell, right? With pictures. Cross my heart and hope to… well…. I’ll do my darndest to get a proper post out.
For now I just wanted to get SOMETHING out there, to let you know I’m still here and haven’t decided to give up blogging. So let’s do a Random Friday post:
- First on my list of things I will never do again: Go on Etsy and type “cashmere”.
- Second on that list of things: Brag about my knitting skillz, particularly colourwork. If you ever hear me say “sure, that could be charted up easily”, feel free to knock me out.
- I’ve misplaced (I still can’t bring myself to say “lost”) my Harmony DPN set. Yeah… I KNOW.
- I’m not dealing with the time change well. When I got out of the metro on Monday and it was THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT outside, I almost cried. Really.
- Phil’s hand is officially on the mend. The second surgery appears to have been successful, and although he’s got a long haul of physiotherapy ahead of him, it’s all moving forward from him.
- I’ve FINALLY ordered some KnitPicks Palette yarn. Stay tuned for some awesome mitten knitting.
- Kate-the-Enabler has embarked on her very own running adventure. I was privileged to accompany her on her very first outing (IN THE RAIN!!!) last Saturday, and she did great. I’m so proud of her I could just about burst.
- I’m in love with my stash. I realize this might not be earth-shattering news, but still, it bares repeating once in a while. I love my stash. It’s procured me so much joy, and I know it’s just going to get better and better.
- I’m beginning to get nervous about Christmas. Especially since I’m giving knitted gifts away NOW. I should be SAVING the knitwear.
- I think I need to embark on a coordination mission. When putting on the knitted accessories today, I noticed that nothing matches, and I look like some crazy (albeit cozy) bag lady. Hat, scarf, mittens. Nothing matches. Gotta get on that…
Happy Knitting Everyone!