Tuesday, March 9, 2010

D&D rundown

I'm always amazed at how MUCH I think I'm going to be able to squeeze into a weekend away. Not having the kids around frees up SO. MUCH. TIME. in my mind that I invariably pack way too many leisurely activities.

I think we ALL do this, to a certain extent, with travel knitting. After I had wound up the skein of Casbah and tucked it away in my suitcase (come on, was there ever really any doubt?), I indulged in some brief fantasies of the beautiful, finished Milkweed shawl I'd have to show you on Monday. Never mind that I was there with my Dad, and we were actually DOING stuff, as opposed to staying in the room (or taking up residence in a local pub, heh) and knitting furiously. I was sans kids, so I had oodles of time to knit AND read (did I mention I packed 2 books too? Yeah, mental).

The weekend was grand though. We sat outside and drank beer, we sat in pubs and drank other kinds of beer (Barking Squirrel Lager! Who knew?), we had good food and just let the conversation take us where it would. The weather was perfect, the town was quaint and the company was good.

Speaking of weather, it seems as though Spring is definitely getting ready to sprung here in the great Canadian North. I spotted the first crocuses of the year!!!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Glad you had a break and enjoyed yourself!

Sinéad said...

Sounds like a lovely break. Just what you need to recharge the batteries.

Montreal Mama said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Can't wait to see Milkweed! Post pictures!

knitspot anne said...

i'm completely jealous of your snowdrops!