Monday, March 29, 2010

It's all about discipline

I've decided it's about frickin' time we see some order and discipline chez Dear. As of today, projects will get done in a quick, orderly fashion with a minimum of fuss, and there will be no more of these prolonged periods of blog-silence (if that means without pictures, then so be it, by gum!). Yes-sirree, I'm going to be running a tight ship, and I predict nothing but smooooooooth sailing from here on in.

(of course, after having written such a strong mission statement, I've been staring at the blank screen for the past 5 minutes, wondering what the heck to write about today. *sigh*)

Well, it may be on the late-ish side to talk about this, but what did you all think of the new Knitty? I confess I tend to be a bit nonplussed about the Spring and Summer knitting magazines (says the girl who posed for a Spring catalogue shoot - uuummmmmmmmmmm). Interweave Knits left me COMPLETELY indifferent this Spring, there's really NOTHING I want to knit in this issue. But I did add a few patterns from the Spring/Summer Knitty to my every-growing Ravelry queue, which now has a whopping 302 patterns (but that's about average, right? RIIIIGHT???). I'm intrigued by Summit, tickled by Tribute and charmed by Twisted (I DID tell you I'd gotten my sock mojo back).

I also purchased a few patterns lately in March I thought I'd share with you. I bought the Family Trunk Accessories Collection, the Birch Leaf Beret, Crooked Paths, the Owlet sweater (so cute!!!)... I think that's about it (although you never know, there's always tomorrow! heh).

So definitely some good things to look forward to!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

Maryse said...

I really like Que Sera and Tribute!

Montreal Mama said...

I'm very intrigued by Summit as well. There's a few others that hit my interest, like: Duck, Que Sera, Twisted, Buttonhead and lastly Anthemion Wrap. Ok, so a few... ha ha!

Keep blogging... I miss coming to my bloglines and seeing a new entry from you!

Alrischa said...

If I had the patience and skill to make Tributes, I could never wear them on my feet. But the DUCK SOCKS! Oh, why don't they make them for adults?!

Caroline said...

I have 460 projects in my queue, and I intend to knit them all. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

From the new Knitty, I like Tappan Zee and Anthemion and that's about it. I'm not crazy about Spring/Summer either.

And if you have your sock mojo back, you should join us at Sock Knitters Anonymous. April is Cookie A. month!

Sinéad said...

See, I feel the exact same way, IK just, well, it bored me to be honest. Knitty was far more intriguing.
I must go back for a second look at the socks!

Sandra said...

Just saw MM's Summit in a Kauni yarn and it's GORGEOUS.. Enough said, I believe it will be a new Clapotis.. Not only is it cool to see it seems very cool to knit.

Cynthia F said...

Very nice choices! I love checking your Rav queue for ideas...! I lost my sock mojo after finding 3 single socks of different patts in my yarn closet and not wanting to complete their mates....sigh...

Anonymous said...

I queued Summit and Twisted, but have no idea when I'll get a chance to get to anything. I'm still charmed by your Honeybee so I feel like everything else is coming to a standstill...