Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Effulgent

As we've seen, there's been a flurry of knit-related activity this past week chez Dear. Not only has there been serious stash enhancement and moderate knitting library enhancement (which we'll get to in a later post), but there's been a parade of finished objects as well.

May I present Tamya, the pattern I selected at random for my self-imposed Had Trix club for September.

I love Woolly Wormhead's patterns. I've knit 5 of them so far, and have no intention of stopping, something that's bound to cause mild to moderate storage issues in the future. I went through the Winter accessories bin this weekend, and was shocked when I realized that I already have 9 hats (whereas Phil has 1, Maxime has 3 and Emilie has none left that fit). Oh well, I'll jump off that bridge when I have to, heh.

I used under one skein of Cascade 220 (about 190 yards worth) to make the largest size (what can I say? I've got a large noggin'), and while it wasn't as quick as the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret, it was still a pretty quick knit. Cables are always fun, and the twisted stitches that run along the sides give the hat just the right touch. I was a wee bit terrified that it would stretch to monstrous proportions after blocking, but I think it turned out alright :)


So yeah... not counting today's post, I've got another FO photographed and ready to share with you next time, as well as another I just finished tonight that still needs to be blocked and photographed after I find some suitable buttons.

Which meant that I was actually sans the active WIP this evening! Panic! (for about 10 minutes, anyway). I had no desire to work on the dreaded Oven Mitts of Doom (my Dad's mittens and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment, as I suspect I'm going to run out of yarn before I finish the second one), and couldn't find the pattern I drew for October's hat of the month (Danielle). All I had wound up was a skein of String Theory for the Castlegar Cardigan... With Christmas and Winter looking, I really should just suck it up and finish the mittens...

Naturally I swatched for the cardigan and cast on at once! So I hope you enjoy the FO parade over the next few posts, because Castlegar is knit with a fingering weight yarn at 28 stitches and 32 rows for 4 inches. I figure it'll take about.... oh.... 600 years for me to finish it? Oh boy.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

5 comments:

Alrischa said...

At least they say 28st and 32 rows, which is nicer than saying "896 stitches". Sorry. lol.

So much knitting out of so little yarn!!

Cynthia F said...

Nice hat!! You look great in hats I must say! :))

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I agree with Cynthia - you look fantastic in hats. Great hat again!

Can't wait to see Castlegar done. It's a really nice sweater.

I also probably have a few patterns that I am not on speaking terms with right now, that are hybernating in my WIP pile... I know what that's like.

Laurie said...

Beautiful hat! A bit of knitting done here, too, but no time to blog about it or anything else. Thank goodness my husband goes back to work Monday and I can resume my usual schedule! LOL!

Sinéad said...

Love that hat. You have a great head for hats!