Monday, October 18, 2010

Morning Edition

Whew! Apologies for the lack of posting this weekend. We were crazy-busy, as per usual, and sooper-dooper DORMA goddess that I am, something always has to give, and in this case it was blogging. And running. And working on the mittens (still not finished). But I digress...

I'm going to be solo-parenting this week, so yesterday I decided to get a move on and prepare all the meals for the coming week. Totally doable, but I was also feeling quite nest-y (a side effect of the Crap Part of Fall), and I decided it would be a good day to do the sort of romantic cooking I always dream about but never seem to have time for. I made bread (by hand, not by machine), soup (butternut squash-ginger - yum!), and chocolate pumpkin cookies (with homemade pumpkin purée, no less). All while tackling Mount Washmore (8 loads washed, folded and put away).

8 HOURS later, the meals were done, the kids were gagging on the soup, and I was - to put it mildly - somewhat fatigued.

I wish I'd had my wits about me and had at least taken food pictures, SOMETHING to make this post even mildly interesting, but there you go. Something had to give, and in this case it was my brain, heh. Domesticity isn't always blog-worthy, but today it's all I got.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Wow, that's a lot of baking! Super jealous! Wish I had the energy to stand on my feet that long to make meals for the week. I'm solo parenting most of this week too - but managed to get a sitter so that I could go to sewing and not have to miss my lesson. (Nana rocks!)

Impressed with your laundry load doing! Go you!

Sinéad said...

Bread by hand? Madness. Don't let my husband find out, he'll only expect the same from me. Not gonna happen.
When you post about these super domestic days, cooking in advance and washing lots & lots, I always feel a tad inadequate. I live from the freezer more weeks than I care to think about!

Laurie said...

Chuckling about the kids gagging on your soup. :-) My husband had a similar jolt of domesticity over the weekend. I was running around half crazy with choir rehearsals and gigs so he did all the cooking - including his Hungarian grandmother's vegetable soup which is to die for!