- We have now entered what I like to call the "Crap Part of Fall" (trademark pending): this occurs when we're no longer amazed by the beautiful transformation of the leaves from green to yellow, red and gold, but rather dismayed that they're falling off the trees and resting in sad, wet brown lumps on the sodden ground. The days are no longer "crisp", they're friggin' cold. I'd look forward to the charm of snow if it weren't for the fact that it won't go away for six months.
- I'm predicting the 2010$ for 2010 challenge will be a dismal failure. We're haemorrhaging money at a frightening rate chez Dear (new washer and dryer, new floors in the bedroom, new bedroom furniture), but rather than feel bitter about my lack of savings, I'm choosing to be thankful that I haven't had to resort to selling my children to make ends meet.
- Our bedroom furniture still hasn't been delivered. We ordered it on July 15th (that'd be exactly 3 months ago, to the day), and it was supposed to be delivered in "September". When I called them at the end of said month, the nice furniture store lady told me it would be arriving in "Mid-October". Guess what? TODAY'S mid-October, and still not a peep. I'm giving them another week and then I'm going to march over there, kids in tow, and pull a hissy fit the likes of which have rarely been seen.
- I think I've figured out the allure of stash/pattern acquisition: I don't get to knit nearly as much as I'd like to. Buying yarn, books, and queuing patterns on Ravelry feels like I am though. It's the illusion of knitting. Coincidentally, this doesn't only happen with knitting, as my husband's collection of pinballs and fabric stash will attest...
- Coffee tastes better when it's hot. That which was a glorious elixir of life this morning tasted like swamp water collected during the Crap Part of Fall 2 hours later.
Happy Knitting Everyone!
ps: I've given myself a quota on the mittens. I must work 10 rows a day. As of last night, I have about 35 rows left to go, then the thumb. I can do it.