Thursday, October 21, 2010

The hand is quicker than the eye...

... or in knitspeak, the "Pay Now" button is quicker than the voice of reason. Before I get to that though, I think you need some back story.

I'm in the middle of a week of solo-parenting, which means I'm pretty much desperate for social contact with adults of like-mind. I had a great post in mind about how I came *this close* to buying 3 skeins of DK weight yarn online yesterday when I looked into my bag and saw a gorgeous skein of No Two Snowflakes DK weight merino/silk/cashmere blend I've been carrying around for 2 weeks, and wasn't it a good thing that I didn't buy it?

Of course, that was BEFORE I happened upon Eat Sleep Knit's website and bought 3 skeins of DK weight (but not the SAME skeins as yesterday!). Maybe if I hadn't moved the yarn from my bag to the designated "stash admiring" basket in the living room, I could have resisted the urge?

*Sigh*

Work continues on the mitten hat. I think it's fair to say I'm not really feeling the love from my projects lately, but hopefully I'll have some FOs to share with you soon and we'll be able to move ON already. Bring on the sexy new projects!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Alrischa said...

You know, the Pay Now button and the Voice of Reason were probably saying exactly the same thing! But if you feel bad, maybe another skein would help you feel better...

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Ah, you deserve stash enhancement. Solo parenting can be tough! It's your little reward! (I'm bad enabler, I know)

BerryandTwig said...

I hate the pay now button! It's my worst enemy, especially with certain patterns!! Patterns I know I will never have time to tackle. I have to say though, yarn is a different story. You will always use yarn! Whether it's not or a year from now (or two?). Let's just say I have an entire TRUNK full of yarn!!!