Which is why the response we've received from friends and family, even people we've never met, over the course of this ordeal, has simply overwhelmed me:
- My beloved Enabler, Kate, made us meals while Phil and I were pulling 30-hour shifts at the hospital;
- My fab friends Robyn and Jennifer sent care packages for Émilie and Maxime;
- Caroline sent me a lovely pattern (Sea Princess) for when I get my mojo back;
- My father drove down on the day of Émilie's surgery to spend the day with us;
- My online peep Sinéad sent along a fabulous hat for Émilie, a beautiful scarf for me, as well as a book;
- Phil's employers gave Émilie a PSP (hah! How times have changed from when I got my tonsils out...);
- Both Phil's and my parents pitched in with baby-sitting services when we were at the hospital and Maxime needed some TLC of his own;
- And today, we received an incredible painting of Émilie from one of Phil's kiting friends. A lovely man we've met ONCE, and who's never even met Émilie.
That's not counting the flowers, the good wishes, the prayers and good vibes that have made their way to us over the past few weeks. It's been truly wonderful to see how people have responded. And it's paid off! We received the pathologist's report today, and were relieved beyond measure that Émilie's tumour is (was!) benign. Apparently, if you're going to get a brain tumour, hers is the one to get.
So thanks, friends. You've made a believer out of me once more.Back to knitting content tomorrow!!!