- I know many of you have been worrying, so I'll just give you the bad news now: I won't have enough yarn to make Émilie's second Mother-Daughter sock as it is. Despite me giving them my best puppy-dog eyes, the Knitting Fates have chosen to exact their prerogative and have
smote smitedscrewed me over completely.
- I'd be devastated, except that I'm riding a superb knitterly high after completeling my Non-Cookie KAL Estonian Socks, and they couldn't be cooler.
- I realize it's hard for you to bask in the coolness of the Estonian Socks without pictures. I'll take some soon. Right after I take pictures of Castlegar. And oh, of the Aestlight shawl I finished. Yup, totally on it.
- The high of a Job Well Done is so intoxicating that I felt invincible enough to tackle the Bohus kit I've had in the stash for 2 years. Wild Apples Hat and Scarf Kit (scroll down on the link). Shit's gonna be Off. The. Hook.
- Kate and I are starting my sewing project tonight. I'm very psyched. Thinking maybe we shouldn't indulge in our habitual Knit Night bottle of wine though. Should be fun anyway.
- Émilie got a card from a boy in her class. I'd say it's a Get Well Card, but as I recall, Get Well cards don't usually come covered in hearts, kisses and messages like "Je t'aime" and "Je m'ennuie de toi, Émilie".
- While Daddy doesn't quite know what to make of the card, but is pretty sure he should be concerned, I think it's absolutely adorable. I'm especially happy that the kid was thoughtful enough to enclose a picture for
us to oggleÉmilie.
- The card is SO going in the "Blackmail Émilie Box" (Insert maniacal laughter here).
- Émilie went back to school for a half-day today. Her class was writing a math exam, and her teacher let her participate, even though she hasn't been in class since before the Christmas break. She got 100%. Hah!
Carry on, Knitters!