But after a week alone with the kids, I'm pretty tired in the evenings, and I mostly feel like knitting rather than writing about knitting. So in lieu of actual inspiration, I give you a few random occurrences from this week:
- I made Maxime a Sock Monkey hat. Upon presenting it to him on Friday morning, he took one look and said "Aime pas ça!" (I don't like it). Émilie, on the other hand, was absolutely devastated that I hadn't made her one. *Sigh*
- I should be casting on for a pair of mittens for Maxime tonight, but I think I'm going to work on my new cardi instead. Bad mum, BAD MUM!
- A vodka cranberry juice is a fine way to welcome the weekend in style.
- I watched The Amazing Race for the first time EVER last Sunday, and I think I'm hooked. I hope Phil likes it!
- Speaking of Phil: he's visiting some kiting friends in Texas this weekend. It's 30 degrees there. If I sound bitter? That's because I AM. It's been grey and raining for the past WEEK here, and I've had enough.
- The kids stayed at their grandparents' house last night. My first day off and what did I do this morning? I woke up at 6:50, had a quick breakfast, and went out for a run. I need to learn how to relax, don't I?
- Speaking of running, after 4 months, today was the first time I listened to music while running. It changes everything.
- Kate-the-Enabler and Lemondrop (aka Kate's husband, Chris) are officially the sweetest, most thoughtful people on the planet. When I got back from my run today there was a lovely breakfast tray waiting for me on my front step. I KNOW, right?
- Wee Bronwyn (aka Little Miss Enabler) is so cute, it almost makes me want to have another baby (I said ALMOST).
- I'm tackling the BBC Top 100 books of all time list, and reading Wuthering Heights for the first time. After discussing it with several people, I've come to the conclusion that it's best to read it as an adolescent, all full of romantic notions of doomed love and what have you. Because as an adult? These characters are schmucks! Completely un-redeemable, first class dumb-asses.
Happy Knitting Everyone!