Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Best Intentions

I honestly don't know where the last 5 days went. Now, I don't usually blog on weekends, because I can't seem to find the time during the day, and my brain is incapable of coherent thought by the time the kids are tucked in their beds. However, I had every intention of blogging on Monday and Tuesday, but every time I sat down at the computer, I would do something else (pay bills, book things for our trip to Japan, try to get caught up on my blogs). So no blogging, despite my best intentions.

Despite the snow storm, Phil made it home safe and sound on Friday afternoon. I was a tad worried about this, because he was driving instead of flying, but all went well. And look! He even brought some yarny goodness home! Two skeins of 100% Maine wool sock yarn from The Irish Ewe (a nice, sturdy yarn) and a book, Dyeing to Knit. I think the book is Phil's way of telling me one of 2 things: a) maybe if you dye your own you'll spend less money on yarn (Hah!) or b) this yarn thing seems to be catching on, get on the bandwagon and dye your own and make a bazillion dollars already (Hoo-Hah!).

Saturday flew by with various errands and general running around, and on Sunday, Phil had a bunch of geeks, I mean pinball enthusiasts, over for a MAACA (that's the Montreal Arcare & Amusement Collectors Association, for those of you who aren't "in the know") meeting in our basement. Desperate for shelter of any kind (there was NO WAY I was staying home, trying to stop Émilie from going downstairs while simultaneously making friendly chitchat with everyone as they traipsed upstairs to use the bathroom), I was thrilled when Kate-the-Enabler (aka Needs-a-blog-Kate) graciously invited us all over. Émilie had loads of fun with Aidan (they both practiced their language skills, Émilie in English and Aidan in French), I had loads of fun with Kate and her husband Chris, and Maxime had loads of fun with all the new toys at his disposal. The afternoon was lovely, dinner was great, and I left feeling horribly guilty about the insane mess the kids made in what was once their living room. Needless to say, I'm planning to have them over for a banquet in the near future :)

I haven't made much progress on Josephine, I'm afraid. What little knitting I've managed to squeeze in has been on Phil's second Spring Cable Sock. The allure of a potential Finished Object is just too, well, alluring :). I DID cast on my Embossed Leaves socks, because I just couldn't wait to try out my Harmony dpns and Maggie's sock yarn. I've only knit about 4 rows on the cuff, though, so I'll hold off on pictures for the time being. I'll be working on those tonight, during the first EVER Laval Knits meeting! Stop by if you're in the area!

OK, I'm off to my Cardio-Poussette class with Maxime. I don't really feel like it, but I didn't go at all last week (Maxime was too sick), and guilt, it seems, is a powerful motivator ;)

4 comments:

YarnThing said...

Looks like you have a lot of great projects going on or lined up :-)

Can't wait to see how they all pan out :-)

xoxox
Marly aka Yarn Thing

Anonymous said...

Needs-a-blog-Kate (really? do I really?) was delighted to be taken up on the hosting offer - we had a good time and Chris cleaned up in a snap. (Really - I turned around to help, or so it seemed, and it was done. yay).

Bravo Philippe on the yarny goodness - what a thoughtful gift. Applause.

The bike tour sounds fascinating too. I wonder where you found that?

Sereknitty said...

Your husband gets super kudos!

Montreal Mama said...

Phil did a good job in the yarn/book department. YEY!

Do you think you'll start dying your own yarn?