Friday, February 1, 2008

Revived

Yesterday I was doing some research for our trip to Japan, checking out what the weather will be like in March to get an idea of what I'll need to pack (who am I kidding, I'm going to pack everything). It won't exactly be sandal weather, but it will definitely be more Spring-like than it is in this neck of the woods at that time of year. This got me to thinking about handknits, about how I haven't really made anything for myself besides socks in a long, long while. And then I remembered Josephine.

This, in case you were wondering, is the Josephine Top from the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. I became totally obsessed with it when I first received the issue, paid a fortune for the yarn (Twisted Sisters Mirage), cast on immediately, and have pretty much left it to rot in the bottom of my knitting basket ever since.

This would be perfect for my trip! So I pulled it out of the depths yesterday afternoon, worked on it a bit during Maxime's very brief nap (he's teething) and wound up all my skeins into cakes last night. I'm pumped, I tell you. I'm going to finish it! I even changed it's status on Ravelry from "Hibernating" to "In Progress". How's that for decisive action? Hah!

I also wound up a skein of Maggie's Mediumweight sock yarn into 2 cakes. Now, I'm usually a "one sock project at a time" kind of girl. But here's the thing: the winder was out, I finally got my Harmony dpns from Knitpicks (review later - short story: love them!), and I've been fondling this damn yarn pretty much incessantly since I got it. The planets were aligned, I tell you, and I know better than to tempt the Knitting Fates by ignoring such an obvious sign. :) As you can see, I'm thinking I'll be using this yarn to knit the Embossed Leaves socks from Favorite Socks.

What else? Maxime and I are both feeling a little better (Émilie has completely recovered). Thanks to everyone who expressed concern about our wellbeing. It was really appreciated.

And I almost forgot! Robyn has tagged me with a You Make My Day Award! :) When you think that I've only been blogging for about six months, it's pretty cool that anyone reads me at all, let alone gives me an award! I'm just about out of nap time, so I'll be handing out my picks for an award in my next post.

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

2 comments:

Ali P said...

Harmony needles!!!Squeee! I wish wish wish...

Montreal Mama said...

I have Harmony DPNs, need to cast on socks so I can try 'em out - still haven't tried them out. ;)

FINALLY catching up on my blog reading.... I am soooooooooo far behind, it's disgusting.