Monday, February 11, 2008

Slow and Steady

I'm slowly getting a handle on things in preparation for our trip. More food for Maxime has been made, I've begun making lists, and, in true DearKnits form, I'm starting to feel a little panicked about the whole thing. Eh, it'll be fine. I'm not actually panicked about the trip itself, just, you know, about abandoning my babies for 18 days (OK, they'll be with their adoring grandparents, so I'm not technically abandoning them, but still, you know what I mean).

The weekend flew by, as usual. Actually, now that I write that, it occurs to me that there must be some weird disturbance in the space/time continuum that goes on during weekends when you've got young children. Seriously, at some points in the day, it feels like time has stopped, and you're just never, ever going to have another moment to yourself again. Basically, weekends are spent trying to get from one nap to another during the day, until the final sprint to bed time, when time speeds up and before you know it it's time to get up and start all over again. The kids were both fairly fussy this weekend, up early and Maxime barely napping both days. Naturally, this morning we actually had to wake the kids up to get them ready (natch).

I've almost finished Phil's Spring Cable Socks. Just a couple more pattern repeats and I'll begin the toe decreases. I've also made some progress on my Embossed Leaves Socks. What can I say? I'm just enchanted by this project. The lace is pretty without being complicated, and the garter stitch selvage on the heel is just a lovely little detail. I'm looking forward to the toe, which incorporates the leaves design into a star. Should be fun.

Today Maxime and I have to run a few errands, then we head to our swim class, and tonight I've got choir practice. Busy, busy day! Have a good one, everyone :)

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

The socks are looking great. I also get all nuts with lists and get all stressed out before leaving on a trip. I know how you feel!