Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pot Pourri

It feels as though a big chunk of my life these days involves waiting of one kind or another. Waiting for the second half of the Pacific Islands stole to be done, waiting for the second Landscape Fire sock to be done, waiting for that big project at work to finally pick up some momentum and get off the ground, waiting for Spring... All I do is wait, wait, wait!

I was complaning with a friend on Facebook lately, and he said "Yeah, it does seem like the suck to happy ratio is a bit high lately, doesn't it?". Well put, dude.

*Sigh* Aaaanyway, hence the lack of consistent blogging. My "largest fan", aka my Dad (his words, not mine!) commented on it tonight, effectively telling me to get over it already and get to posting, because some people just couldn't handle these 4-day breaks.

So...

I completed 24 rows on the stole last night! Woot! How's THAT for exciting, huh? I've got about 12 repeats and a bit completed on the second half, with about 6 more to go. I'm already starting to dream about my next project (I'm really tempted by Colette! Pioneer, from the new Knitty, is also calling to me). Soon, my precioussss....

Oh! Here's some interesting news! Phil and I (and Émilie and Maxime, come to think of it) might be inheriting a dog! Phil's brother is looking to place his Boston Terrier in a new home, and he's just a sweetie. Not too big, very affectionate, good with kids. We're going to take him for a week and see how it goes. Hah! And Phil thinks the KIDS are ruining the hardwood floors! Bwahahahaha!!!

Oh wait, OK. HERE'S something you'll appreciate. I recently got a copy of the DVD of my choir's Christmas concerts, and after some pretty gosh darn fancy technical wizardry (at least, I was impressed), Phil managed to extract my solo performance and upload it onto YouTube. The video quality isn't the greatest, I'm afraid (we're not talking MuchMusic, people), but it's enough to give you the jist. Enjoy! (or, you know, be kind!)



Happy Knitting Everyone! I've got, you guessed it!, 21 rows to knit.

7 comments:

Alrischa said...

I wondered why anyone would really like choir singing but if *I* could sing like that, I would do it, too. That sounds fantastic!

It must have taken you ages to learn it, and that was only a few minutes. Really beautiful singing Ü

(Now I get why you can't knit and sing at the same time Ü)

Sinéad said...

Gorgeous piece, really lovely singing. Congrats! Brought me back to my singing days.
You must be nearly finished the stole now, you're really good for sticking to it to get it done.
Oh and Colette? I see what you mean, it's gorgeous! I may have to cast on myself!

Ali P said...

I'm getting tired of you being better than me at everything. Now I need to pout.....
Ok I'm done.

Sereknitty said...

Well, that was just lovely, 'sniff'.

birana said...

damn! I can't listen to video on the office computer! I'll try back later at home. 24 rows... good Florida is coming soon then ;) I'm not so tempted to knitty and twist summer style.. i'm more attracted to winter ones (which is a good thing finnaly.. it's not making my list longer.) Good 21 rows for tonight I guess.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! I totally just missed the last 2.29 minutes of Mythbusters 'cus I was in some medieval castle somewhere. That was gorgeous! And that last note? Wow. You can sing, girl!

Montreal Mama said...

If I sing, I break mirrors. You are awesome girl.

I wonder if my dad is my biggest fan too?