Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Night...

...is alright for paintin'



Remember back in September, we put hardwood floors down on the main floor? Well, we never put the baseboards back on the walls, because we were tired of the colours on our walls and wanted to change things up a bit.

Yeah, that was over six months ago, and we haven't done anything. So this weekend we finally got our arses in gear and schlepped ourselves down to the local paint store. After much deliberation (OK, more like me saying "I like this" and Phil saying "OK"), we've selected a palette of 3 colours, and we put on the first coat of the first colour tonight, after the kids were in bed.


It looks awesome, I can't wait to see what it looks like when the contrasting colour is put down!

One thing I CAN wait to see is the look on Emilie's face when she realizes that we went ahead and painted without her tomorrow morning. It's going to be awful...

Happy Knitting Everyone! I'm going to put a few rows on my Clapotis.

7 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I wish you good luck with Emilie tomorrow morning! I hope she doesn't get as mad as you think she will.

The basement looks good so far! Can't wait to see it finished!

Sereknitty said...

Oooo, is that orange I see? I love dramatic colour! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Alrischa said...

I was glad we didn't have to paint (all our walls are stained wood) but now I wish I could fiddle around with bold colors like that! Those colors would take all the "work" out of it... fun! Though I bet you were glad enough to be done.

Bet she didn't mind because she was so stunned by the brightness Ü

Sinéad said...

Oh dear. Nothing like a child spurned to bring on the moodiness. Still, she should get over it soon enough, the colours are so cheery that no-one could stay mad in that room!

birana said...

Painting… I do remember this.. last october it was my turn.. No needles, just brushes and roller. An how did she react you little girl.. Would she prefer pink.? :)

Ali P said...

Come and do Cameron's room for me? Its been promised for over a year and the paint chit is still on the fridge.
Our baseboards won't come off...luck you to have removables.

Anonymous said...

Shows what i get for reading and commenting out of order. Of course the red is staying next to the blue! :)