Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This time next week...

I'll be in Florida! And not a moment too soon, either. Phil's out of town on business this week, and all I can say is Single Mother + Working Full Time + Caring For 2 Kids = Hard Work. It'll be nice to get away (I know, I just got back from Paris) and spend some time with Phil, and enjoy the beach...

Mmmmm, the beach. That reminds me, I really must get to shopping for a new bathing suit and shorts and the like, because my size 14 threads just won't cut it anymore, me thinks.

I'm still basking in the glow of finally getting the Pacific Islands stole off the needles and blocked. I'll post proper pictures of the entire oeuvre this weekend, I promise. I really want to show this off properly, and to take halfway decent pictures, I need natural light.

It's nice to be able to knit whatever the heck I feel like again, that's for sure. I worked on my Fratello sock last night, and I'm still as smitten as ever (and I've got the blue fingers to prove it!).

I suppose I should really put in a few nights on my Clapotis and get that off the needles as well, but a part of me wants to save it for plane knitting next week. I don't know, it just seems appropriate, especially since it was cast on during the flight to Paris in January.

I've decided to treat myself to an actual garment for my next project. I bought the pattern for Colette yesterday, and I'm really looking forward to casting on. I've got to restrain myself though, because I've got a feeling that once I start, I'll be dooming all other WIPs to the bottom of the knitting basket. Maybe I'll just knit a swatch tonight...

Looking at the pattern, I'm a bit concerned about the sizing, though. Even though I measure as a 34 inch bust at the gym (you know, when my boobs are smooshed in one of those über-flattering sports bras?), I consider myself to have a 36 inch bust. Now, the sizes for Colette are either for a 34 or 38 inch bust. I think a 38 inch bust would have too much yield, right? And with the yarn being 50% bamboo, it'll tend to stretch anyway, so I'm thinking I should go for the 34 inch bust. Hmmm, will ponder some more.

Oh! Before I forget, Cynthia nominated me for a blog award! Yay!!! Blogger recognition! Thanks, sweetie!

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

Here are my nominees:

My Pod 2
Knitterings
Knit, Inc
Handmade by Jennifer
Knit & Purl Mama (yes, I know Cynthia nominated her already. I don't care. It's my blog and I can do what I want)
Destroy my Sweater
Sereknitty Rules!
A la maille suivante

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Sam said...

When do you exactly leave for Florida ?
I am leaving Sunday (29) for Mexico.. I thought maybe we could meet at the airport - or are you leaving next week..?

Sereknitty said...

I think you're wise in going with the 34" sz. It always looks better with negative ease -- you'd be swimming in the other one, particularly with the boat neck style.
BTW, thanks for the nomination!

Sinéad said...

ZOMG! You like me, you really like me! lol. Thanks for the award!
I can't wait to see the stole, hurry up weekend for daylight photos! Poor you on your own again. Although, at least the kids aren't sick this time (fingers crossed I don't jinx it!)
I'm mad jealous about Florida by the way. In case you didn't notice. Still, I've booked my flights for October! yay!

birana said...

Oh! lucky you Florida soon! For me it will be easter, Rimouski and sugar shack(my uncle’s oneJ Yes I want to see your stole ready to go! And btw just swatch? Not sure it’s too tempting! Colette will certainly suits you very well. which color? Good luckgin on sizing it.
Thanks a lot for nominating me! It’s really appreciated :)

Montreal Mama said...

That's awesome you're going to Florida. Where abouts? I had no idea you were going! (Or did I?) Pleasure or business or Phil's business trip?? What knitting you taking with? How long are you going for?

I wish I could get away for a few days. I keep dreaming of Vegas. Maybe in the fall.

Thanks for the nomination! I didn't even realize that Cynthia gave me that award (maybe I missed that post?? I checked the archives but didn't see anything?)

Does that mean I have to do that on my blog? LOL... maybe I'll remember.

Colette looks super cute! Maybe I'll add it to my queue! (The never ending queue!)

Cynthia F said...

Ahhh the beach! very nice- you'll have a great time! & don't forget to put sunscreen on your new tat- keeps it from fading/changing colour... :))