Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Challenges

Well, here we are at last, at the end of November. My own personal NaBloPoMo challenge is now at an end, and I've been thinking about what I want to say, how I feel about it being over. This whole month has been about honing my (limited) writing skills, so I really want to make sure I say this right, that I express my feelings with the right words, that everything is just so.

...

THANK EFFING GOD THAT'S OVER. (I think that sums it up, heh.)

....

Here's the thing: I've got a somewhat obsessive personality (really Tara? You? Obsessive?). I love setting myself up for a fall challenges for myself, I love trying new things (that aren't life-threatening), and when I get enthusiastic about something, I get really enthusiastic.

But then I over-indulge, I overload, and more often than not I kinda fiz out. Not that I'm going to be fizzing out on the blog. If anything, this experience has reminded me of how much I love this medium of communication. But it's also reaffirmed that I have high standards for myself. It's not enough to just put *something* out into this world. I want it to be a *good* something. Something I can read later and be proud of. Something that makes *me* laugh. Something that I'm psyched about sharing with all of you.

Happy Knitting Everyone. I can promise you I definitely WON'T be blogging tomorrow :)

6 comments:

Mrhide said...

Congratulations on doing it everyday for a month. Seriously. Bravo!

Celia said...

You did it! At least you found out something about yourself.

Maryse said...

Bravo! Ce n'est pas rien d'avoir relevé ce défi!!!

knitspot anne said...

hahaha, i love your style . . .

Sinéad said...

Well done you!
Enjoy the rest, you've earned it!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Glad you were able to blog for a month straight. I'm debating what to do with my blog. I still want to keep up my weekly self portraits with the boys, and my random chatter, but I don't think I have time to do it daily anymore. Especially not with a newborn. We'll see what happens..! Good for you for sticking to it for the month of Nov!

See you when you blog again!