Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Thousand Words

I'm in a wee bit of a rush today, but as promised, I give you pictures of the first of 3 recent FOs : The Shawl Collared Cowl.

I knit this with Berroco Cuzco I scored via a Ravelry destash a few months ago. Very quick knit, mindless and comforting. But if I were to knit it again - which I might, as I've got another skein of that yarn, and it's a great gift knit item (I hear you knocking, Christmas!) - I'd knit it a smidge shorter, as it doesn't sit quite close enough to the neck for my taste.

I'm off to have dinner with a friend tonight, and possibly to see Harry Potter as well.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Love the Shawl Collared Cowl. Have you started your Xmas knitting at all yet?

Have a great time at dinner. Enjoy Harry Potter if you end up going to see it. I still am a few movies behind.

Sandra said...

Saw Potter - loved it... Not Ben but he never read the books si he can't understand! Is that your new haircut/colour? Did you get permanent haircolour?

chudoland said...

Shawl Collared Cowl is really stylish. I love this color.

Sinéad said...

The buttons were definitely the best choice. That colour suits you too!
Hope you enjoyed HP, I believe there is some cool knitwear in this one too.

Zenitude said...

Very nice choice of buttons. It looks like you placed the buttons differetly than in the original pattern. I like that look too.

kate-the-enabler said...

what can I say - it looks swell, really really swell, and the hair..and the jacket... VERY nice photoshoot - bravo model, bravo photographer!

Dawn said...

As if I haven't said this already...I really love the way the cowl turned out!

Sereknitty said...

Isn't this a fun pattern? I loved making mine. Didn't last very long before one of my daughter's friends popped over and scooped it up and away :)